Total Guitar September 1999 (#60)
Jul 26 2012
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar September 1999 (#60) contents:
- A – Are they the British Offspring?
- Dark Star. Wild, challenging and unique. And they rock!
- Nadine – Keeping the spirit of country folk alive
- Pavement – Steve and Scott reveal their guitar secrets to TG
- The Beatles – A whopping 15-page feature on their songwriting
- Def Leppard – Their new album does what they do best
- Andy Summers – Ex-Police man on Thelonius Monk and all other things jazz
- The Stone Roses – Love Spreads – Bluesy stuff as only Squire knows how
- The Stone Roses – Fools Gold. Their top 10 hit- die best song of 1989? Surely a serious contender for diat hypnotic riff
- Film – Star wars theme. This will impress your friends no end. We show you how this acoustic classical piece can be as easy as killing a Stormtrooper
- Novice – Fingerstyle blues. John Lee Hookers the man here
- Jazz – Andy Summers. The jazz master. Used to be in The Police, y’know?
- Acoustic – Gordon Giltrap. At Giltrap’s bar transcribed in its full glory
- Advanced Rock – G3. Three guitar giants: Johnson, Vai and Satriani
- Esp LTD M-350. Play those Metallica riffs and solos on the genuine article!
- Yamaha AES800B. Smooth, sweet sounds and built beautifully
- Crate GFX-65 Combo. Amp and effects for under 330 pounds
- Takamine EGS 430-SG. Electro-acoustic cutaway: hear it on the CD
Included original mp3 tracks
Text Format PDF, 82 pages