Total Guitar October 2000 (#75)
Aug 11 2012
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar October 2000 (#75) contents:
- Soundcheck – Ian Brown sidekick Aziz, Everclear, the Webb Brothers, King Prawn, the Jellys, Fastball and Union Kid all get a look-in in these 12 happenin’ pages
- Sonic Youth. Nearly 20 years after the avant-rockers got together in NYC and they’re still turning up the heat, with even bigger nods to improvisation than before and honorary fourth member. Jimi O’ Rourke also laying down some guitar
- Pete Townshend. The days of it being his generation are long gone but Pete’s still got something to say – like how Roger Daltry managed to persuade him to go out on the road again, and why his guitar playing improved once Keith died.
- Classic track – Neil young’s rockin’ in the free world
- Novice – Ska. Just what ya need – some skankin’! Get those hips swaying and da riddim movin’
- Rock – Southern. TG heads down South to resurrect some ZZ Top, Skynyrd, Allman Brothers and Eagles. Riffs, solos and backing, it’s all here
- Acoustic – Cross Picking. Four hot examples, from indie cool Radiohead through to Al Di Meola
- Songsheet – Toploader. Dancing In The Moonlight tabbed: and so will you be, once you’ve learnt this bangin’ Top 40 hit
- Backing track – Joe Satriani
- Rocktron Replitone 212. Hear those clean amp simulations and weep!
- Zoom 505 II. You want to create some atmosphere? You got it
- Aria NXP-01. An acoustic to worry Washburn?
- Italia Modena. TG gets all nostalgic over the Modena’s swoonsome 60s styling… and lots of performance improvements
Includes original mp3 tracks
Text Format PDF, 73 pages