Total Guitar November 2000 (#76)
Aug 13 2012
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar November 2000 (#76) contents:
- Soundcheck – Soulfly, Ween, The Vegastones, Soulwax and the Mercury Music Prize-nominated Doves all get a chance to shine in this month’s Soundcheck.
- Radiohead – Three years on from their massive OK Computer, Oxford’s finest are back with their new opus, Kid A. Guitarist Ed O’Brein breaks the silence to explain their new direction.
- The guitar olympics 2000. Yep, in the spirit of the current sporting fervour sweeping the nation, TG hosts its own Olympic competition. Take your chances at 19 events from the relay, the pummel horse, the triple-jump. We’re serious… turn to page 36 and see!
- The guitar olympics 2000 – The songs. Run To The Hills with Iron Maiden, Jump with Van Halen, and just for that final glory We Are The Champions by Queen. Oh yes.
- Classic track – The Beatles. We’re back in the US. Back In The USSR!
- Rock Special – Modes. Mystified by modes? Are they all Greek to you? Get to grips with them once and for all with our guide.
- Novice – Make the Grade. Could you be a Grade 1 guitarist?
- Blues – Mike Bloomfield. He’s not been called America’s Eric Clapton for nothing. Steal some of his licks here!
- Songsheet – Andreas Johnson. Strum along with his Glorious Top 40 hit
- Backing track – The Police. Get your mellow acoustic licks at the ready…
- Classical – Francisco Tarrega. It’s all go at the Alhambra Palace
- G&L Tribute series. We take a sneaky look at the Tele-style ASAT Classic
- Line 6 MM4. That’s a modulation modeller to you.
- Tanglewood Odyssey TMO-7NG. A bright, budget electro. Luverly jubberly
- Yamaha SGV300. Quite a funny-looking axe, we’ll admit
Includes original mp3 tracks
Text Format PDF, 72 pages