Total Guitar June 2009 (#189)
Nov 07 2011
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar June 2009 (#189) contents:
- Gallows – Guitarists Steph Carter and Laurent Barnard are ripping up the rule book on new album Grey Britain and going back to the raw live tones of early Black Sabbath
- Back in Black – Gallows’ Laurent and Steph meet the godfather of heavy metal Tony Iommi to talk studio specifics
- How to improvise – With your free CD and TG’s practical advice on keys, scales and rhythms, you have all you need to start improvising today!
- Budget Set-UPS Under 500 pounds! Get a guitar and amp to suit your sound without breaking the bank
- Theory of a Deadman – Guitarist Tyler Connolly helps you learn to play the band’s catchy hit Hate My Life in 20 minutes
- What I’ve learned: Bumblefoot – The importance of clean socks!
- Rocked & Rated – Gear intro; PRS SE Custom 24; Bogner Alchemist 112; Group Test: Bargain vs bling: metal guitar face-off; Round-up: Aria pedals; Indie The Pure JCE; Schecter Ultra III; Ed’s Shed
- How to improvise – start improvising solos today with your free backing tracks disc!
- TG’s all shook up by the retro looks and vintage sounds of the Schecter Ultra III guitar
- Dire Straits – Money For Nothing (riff)
- Strum-along: Theory of a Deadman – Hate My Life
- Scorpions – Rock You Like A Hurricane
- The Raconteurs – You Don’t Understand Me
- Nickelback – How You Remind Me
- Strum-Along: The Who – Pinball Wizard
- Pete Townshend has a whole lot of rhythm on The Who classic Pinball Wizard
- Novice – Get your mitts around pre-bends with our latest beginner’s column
- Video Lesson: Phil Demmel – Use the blues scale for one of Phil’s finger-stretching workouts
- Video Lesson: Preston Reed – Conventional fingerstyle guitar gets the Preston Reed treatment
- Video Lesson: Paul Gilbert – Remove the perfect 4th from the blues scale for an evil sound
- Modern Masters – Get inspired by some of the most influential pop and rock guitarists from the last 30 years. This month: Dimebag Darrell
- Get Your Grades – Ace your exams with the help of our Rockschool and RGT columns
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF