Total Guitar February 2008 (#172)
Dec 25 2011
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar February 2008 (#172) contents:
- The new Shred – Three of the world’s top new widdlers tell TG what it takes to be a next-generation shred hero
- 20 most Blazin’ Shredders – You’ve met the new breed of shredders, now discover the most virtuosic players in history!
- Bullet for my Valentine – Get the lowdown on the Welsh metallers’ great second album
- Hottest Guitar Bands of ’08 – TG brings you the fastest, heaviest and most exciting bands that will rule 2008!
- Icon: Phil Collen – How he made it through the 80s!
- What I’ve learned: Al Di Meola – Talking more than just technique
- Rocked & Rated: News & Most Wanted; Spear SHL1 Evil Monkey; Group Test: Shred machines under 500 pounds; Round-up: wah pedals; Line 6 Spider Valve amp; E-H Holy Stain pedal; Ed’s Shed
- Spear isn’t ‘monkeying’ around with this Evil guitar! It’s a steal at just 299 pounds
- The Guitar Rig 3 demo on your D emulates the sounds of top hardware for killer tones!
- Cover Story! The explosive new generation of shred heroes is here!
- Sons & Daughters – Gilt Complex
- Cream – White Room
- Nofx – Don’t Call Me White
- Feeder – Forget About Tomorrow
- Aerosmith – Adam’s Apple
- Strum-Along: Klaxons – It’s Not Over Yet
- Novice – Bored of strumming? Try out our guide to acoustic fingerpicking
- Video lesson: Mark Tremonti – The Alter Bridge axeman gets you up to speed with scale patterns
- Video lesson: John 5 – TG’s shredmeister shares his tips on high-speed position changes
- Video lesson: Alex Skolnick – Choose notes to fit the chords in your solos and ‘play the changes’
- Acoustic 101 – Make the most of open-string chords in TG’s new Video Lesson
- Mojo Masters – Learn the tricks that gave the masters their Mojo
- Get your Grades – Ace your exams with the help of our Rockschool and RGT columns
Text Format PDFDownload Total Guitar February 2008 (#172) free and other lessons from our site