Total Guitar December 1999 (#64)
Jul 30 2012
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar December 1999 (#64) contents:
- News features. Under scrutiny this montli are Coloursound, Megadeth, Blink 182 and Kid Rock
- Rage against the Machine – Tom Morello talks to TG about the future of guitar music and the whole Nu Metal scene
- Chris Cornell. At first he was Soundgarden’s frontman now Chris has strapped on a guitar and gone solo
- Bluffer’s Guide to… Tapping. Now you have the power to out-tap Eddie Van Halen!
- Iggy Pop. The idiosyncratic singer/songwriter is back with a new album, plus learn two Stooges songs
- Album Reviews. Check out die verdicts on the new RATM, David Bowie, James and Iggy Pop albums
- Classic track – Thin Lizzy. Jam along to Don’t Believe A Word, featuring Brian Robertson on guitar
- Novice – Rock ‘n’ Roll. Master some 1950’s-style rock ‘n’ roll riffs. Just like the ones Scotty Moore played for Elvis
- Acoustic – John Renbourn. Get your fingers working with John’s wonderful fingerstyle piece, Judy
- TV theme – the a team. Yes, it’s the theme from that fab ’80s action show as you’ve never heard it before… rrrrrrock!
- Blues – Larry Carlton. Learn Larry’s luscious licks!
- Epiphone SG G400 Custom. As mentioned in last month’s New Gear, we get hold of Epiphone’s new three pickup SG
- Carvin Nomad 112 combo. It’s a hot new 55W all-valve combo!
- Rocktron taboo artist. Just when you think FX pedals can be improved no further, along comes this little beauty
- Ovation balladeer. An American built Ovation for under 600 quid? Surely not! TG has the lowdown…
Included original mp3 tracks
Text Format PDF, 63 pages