Total Guitar December 1997 (#38)
Jul 03 2012
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar December 1997 (#38) contents:
- Mansun – In the studio with Chad (& Dave)…
- Morcheeba/Dominic Miller – The new Portishead, and Stings guitarist – on CD!
- Green Day – Billie Joe gobs up a greenie for TG
- Mick Ronson – The Hero of Glam. Bowie’s greatest guitar player remembered
- The Rolling Stones – Back with a new LP, we talk to lead guitarist Ron
- The Cult – She Sells Sanctuary. The story behind this month’s featured CD track
- Fender Big Apple Strat. Classic Strat meets Gibson Les Paul…
- Marshall JCM 2000 Amplifier. Marshall’s long-awaited JCM 2000 – their best yet?
- VOX V830 Distortion Booster. Cool and groovy Vox dirt box
- Levinson Blade Delta Thinline. Another stylish take on a Fender classic
- Tanglewood MR 750F. Rather tasty budget electro-acoustic
- Soldano Astroverb AV16 Combo. Bags of tone from this tidy little combo
- Budget Portastudio Round-Up. Two Ј150 fourtracks from Fostex and Tascam
- Classic Track – The Cult. She Sells Sanctuary – hear the original on CD!
- Novice – Oasis. Learn every song on Be Here Now!
- Acoustic Master – Django Reinhardt. Nuages, the jazz guitar masterpiece transcribed
- Songsheet – Bob Marley: I shot the sheriff
- Rock – Slash solo styles. Ace tips on soloing like Slash, plus CD examples
- Blues – Albert King. The master of Chicago electric blues
- TV Themes – The Prisoner. “I am not a number, I am a free man…” Ha ha ha!
- Acoustic – Gordon Giltrap
Includes original mp3 tracks
Text Format PDF, 71 pages