Total Guitar August 2008 (#178)
Dec 31 2011
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar August 2008 (#178) contents:
- Download 2008 – Phil Demmel hosts TG’s biggest Download feature ever!
- Twin AXE Attack – BFMV, Children Of Bodom, Testament and many more!
- Biffy Clyro – TG chats backstage with Simon Neil about his incredible year
- Young Guns – The new breed of rockers blazing their own trails at Download
- Live Reviews – TG braved the hairiest of mosh pits to bring you our live highlights
- Johnny Truant – Brighton metallers mean business on album number three
- Lamb of God’s…top tips for a killer live show!
- What I’ve learned: Michael Romeo – The guru of neo-classical shred
- Rocked & Rated: Ovation Mick Thomson; Group Test: Pocket pleasing axes under 300; Round-up: Mojo Hand FX; Washburn Nick Cantanese; Line 6 POD X3 Live; Ed’s Shed
- Make like the mojo masters and learn their tricks to play sizzlin’ blues string bends
- Ovation MT37-5 acoustic: ‘has Slipknot’s #7 gone soft on us? Not a chance…
- The Kooks – Always Where I Need To Be
- Kiss – Strutter
- Velvet Revolver – Can’t Get It Out Of My Head
- Shadows Fall – Redemption
- Panic at the disco – Nine In The Afternoon
- Strum-Along: Traveling Wilburys – Handle With Care
- Novice – Fingerpick a melody using notes taken from basic chord shapes
- Video lesson: Newton Faulkner – Add percussive rhythm to your acoustic melodies and basslines
- Video lesson: Wishbone ASH – Meet some of the pioneers of the twin axe attack technique
- Video lesson: Alex Skolnick – Make your solos kick ass with the help of polyrhythms
- Acoustic 101 – Synchronise your hands with position-shifting melodies
- Mojo Masters – TG’s mojo-packed guide to smokin’ blues lead guitar styles
- Get your grades – Ace your exams with the help of our Rockschool and RGT columns
Includes original mp3 tracks and videos
Text Format PDF