Total Guitar April 2008 (#174)
Dec 27 2011
Total Guitar is an interactive guitar magazine. Every issue brings songs to learn, with CD audio to help you play along, reviews of all the latest guitar equipment, and interviews with all the biggest names in the guitar world! Total Guitar regularly contains tablature for Rock, Acoustic, Punk, Blues, Classic Rock and Metal, as well as detailed profiles of guitarists and their specific techniques and playing styles. Total Guitar is aimed at players who would like to learn how to play guitar, with dedicated beginner tutorials in acoustic and electric guitar, as well as helping those who can already play guitar to develop their playing style and learn new techniques and songs.
Total Guitar is mainly focused on tuition, but also has an expert gear reviews section that looks at the latest guitar equipment including guitars, amplifiers, pedals and accessories. Total Guitar also secures many exclusive interviews with guitarists from all kinds of genres and levels of playing, and has an in-depth features section. Total Guitar April 2008 (#174) contents:
- High Voltage! The hottest players unveil their signature gear: featuring Slash, Kirk Hammett, Trivium, Fall Out Boy’s Joe Trohman, Andy Summers and many more!
- Pimp your Axe – Make your own signature guitar!
- Down – Southern sludge metal is back
- The Black Crowes – On their hiatus-slaying album
- Buckcherry – The new Motley Crue!
- High on Fire – Why there’s only room for one axe
- Icon: Ronnie Wood – TG starts him up…
- What I’ve learned:Eric Peterson – A ‘Testament’ to guitar playing
- Rocked & Rated: Blackheart Little Giant Group Test: electro-acoustics under Ј300; Round-up: accessories; Dean DBD Tribute ML; Washburn WI-64V; Ed’s Shed
- Learn to play Snow Patrol’s You’re All I Have and test your rhythm playing stamina
- Washburn’s innovative Wl-64V lets you blend singlecoil and humbucker sounds
- Arctic Monkeys – Teddy Picker
- Arch Enemy – The Last Enemy
- Snow Patrol – You’re All I Have
- Misfits – Great Balls Of Fire
- Alice Cooper – No More Mr Nice Guy
- Strum-Along: Radiohead – Creep
- Novice – Add bass notes to your fingerpicking using your thumb
- Video lesson: Mark Tremonti – Get a shortcut to speed with Mark’s improvisation techniques
- Video lesson: Marty Friedman – Marty returns to make your licks faster, cleverer and more pro!
- Video lesson: Alex Skolnick – Add more tricks to your solo arsenal with chord tones
- Acoustic 101 – Play simultaneous melodies and bass lines on your acoustic
- Mojo Masters – Learn the rhythm tricks that gave the masters their mojo
- Get your Grades – Ace your exams with the help of our Rockschool and RGT columns
Includes original mp3 tracks and videos
Text Format PDF