Stephen Siktberg – Christmas Music for Acoustic Guitar
Feb 15 2017
The familiar songs are fleshed-out in a tasteful and beautiful way and the less-familiar ones are presented clearly. This is the perfect guitarist’s Christmas book! What’s more, the arrangements are so nice, you won’t mind playing them in July!
Siktberg is careful about tunings and capo issues too and he explains why in the intro to the collection. The renaissance pieces are in lute tuning and capo settings are suggested for tunes that might be in keys that are otherwise inaccessible to guitarists. This is an outstanding collection.
They are very well-written and very unique sounding. They are also difficult, so be prepared for a high learning curve. Many of the arrangements follow a 2 part pattern: the first part is more of a simple tune that you might expect, and the second part adds some technique for more flair.
Oh, Holy Night, Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem, and It Came Upon a Midnight Clear are just a few of the carols in this collection arranged for classical guitar. The author’s intent while arranging these carols was to maintain their traditional flavor while making them idiomatic for the guitar. A great way to enhance any Christmas gathering. In notation & tablature.
- Infant Holy, Infant Lowly
- O Come, All Ye Faithful
- O, Holy Night
- Deck the Halls
- O, Little Town Of Bethlehem
- Break Forth, O Beauteous Morning Light
- Angels from the Realms of Glory
- Joy To The World
- The First Noel
- Watchman, Tell Us Of The Night
- Gentle Mary
- It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
- Silent Night
- Good Christian Men, Rejoice!
- What Child Is This/We Three Kings
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- O Tannenbaum/We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- O Come O Come Emmanuel
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
Format: PDF + Audio tracks (Mp3). 117 pagesDownload Stephen Siktberg – Christmas Music for Acoustic Guitar free and other lessons from our site