Raquy Danziger – Dumbek Fever Volume 1 – 2
May 27 2016
Raquy Danziger is one of the most popular performers, teachers and composers of Middle Eastern Drumming today. Audiences worldwide are not only surprised by this young woman from America, but captivated by her virtuosity, profound musicality and the passion she brings to performances. Her varied repertoire includes traditional Middle Eastern music as well as her own compositions.
For the past few years, Raquy has been going to Egypt to teach and perform, where she has collaborated with some of the most famous musicians, including Said El-Artist and Hamish Henkish, she has appeared on regional TV including Al-Jazeera Channel and National Egyptian Television and was interviewed by numerous magazines.
She always keeps a blog of her adventures – Read the Blog Here!
A classically trained pianist, Raquy first discovered hand drumming during her travels in Varanase, India where she immersed herself in the study of Indian rhythmic cycles. Later, in Israel, Raquy was drawn to the dumbek (otherwise known as tabla) and the groove of Middle Eastern music.
In the last few years, Raquy has found her own voice as a soloist, group leader and composer. She writes compositions for ensembles comprised of her students as well as master players from the Middle East. She also formed Raquy and the Cavemen, a group in which she also plays the Iranian kemenche, a rare and exotic bowed instrument.
Raquy’s infectious enthusiasm for Middle Eastern music has made her one of the most sought after teachers of Middle Eastern drumming in NYC. An inspiration to scores of students locally and hundreds more at drumming camps and retreats around the country, Raquy is single–handedly responsible for the wave of “Dumbek Fever” sweeping the metropolitan area.
Dumbek Fever 1 – Beginner / Intermediate Levels (without book)
- DVD showing dumbek basics step by step
- CD of rhythms, variation, and solos – you play the lead
- Traditional Rhythms from all over the Middle East
- Ornamentation and finger rolls
- How to accompany belly dancers
- Transcriptions and recording of dumbek solos and duets
- Bonus audio and video tracks of Raquy and the Cavemen
Dumbek Fever 2 – Advanced (without book)
- The incredible new Turkish Split Hand Technique!
- Fingernail Snaps, Double-Decker Snaps and Persian-style rolls!
- Double-time, groupings and a peek at Indian rhythmic Tee Hi endings!
- Transcriptions and recordings of belly dance solos, dumbek solos and duets
- Transcriptions of dumbek parts to traditional Middle Eastern songs. Play along with the melody
- Bonus video footage of Raquy and the Cavemen, live!
Running time: 2 hours
Video: XviD, 656 x 480, 4/3, 1 684 Kbps, 29.970 fps
Audio: MP3, 320 Kbps, 44.1 KHz, 2 ch
Size: 1.65 Gb