Norm Stockton – Grooving for Heaven Volume 3
Apr 03 2016
The Art of Groove is an in-depth and engaging exploration into the relationship between the bass and drums in a contemporary ensemble. Together with much insightful input and consummate grooving by drummer David Owens (Thomas Dolby), Norm demonstrates and clarifies a multitude of concepts, exercises and groove considerations as he takes you to the next level. An indispensable resource for bassists and drummers pursuing maximum rhythm section effectiveness.
- Essential Ear-Training (Rhythmic & Harmonic)
- Groove 101 (Concept/Approach, Bass Parts, Context & More)
- Musical Genres & Groove Vocabulary: A Bass & Drum Focus
- The Critical Subtleties (Tempo vs. Feel, Conveying Emotion Musically, Fills, Groovicidal Tendencies
- Bass & Drum Dialogues: Developing the Synergy
Also featuring live performances of Blessed and Veggie Soup from Norm’s Pondering the Sushi CD.
Running time: 2 hours
Video: MPEG Video, 720×480, 29.970 fps, 5 877 Kbps
Audio: AC-3, 48.0 KHz, 2 ch, 384 Kbps
Size: 3.95 Gb