Guitar World September 2010
Oct 28 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World September 2010 contents:
- Transcriptions (bass lines included): “Minor Swing” by Django Reinhardt, “Bodies” by Drowning Pool, “Scream” by Avenged Sevenfold, “Rock This Town” by The Stray Cats, “Highway to Hell” by AC/DC
- Jeff Loomis – The shredder talks about Nevermore’s latest album, The Obsidian Conspiracy.
- Joe Perry – Aerosmith’s axman opens up about the their reconciliation with Steven Tyler and plans for a new studio effort. Avenged Sevenfold’s Synyster Gates discusses Nightmare, their new album.
- The 30 coolest guitarists of all time. CW presents the players-from Keef to Muddy, from Hetfield to Buddy-whose talents, attitude and style made the guitar the greatest instrument ever.
- A 30th Anniversary celebration of Judas Priest’s British steel. Judas Priest defined the cutting-edge sound of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal with their 1980 release British Steel. In this GW exclusive, Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton and K.K. Downing recall the making of the group’s groundbreaking classic album.
- The making of raw power. Iggy and the Stooges were proto-punk hell raisers who made music at their own peril. With their 1973 classic Row Power, they raised the threat level to a new high. Guitarist James Williamson tells the story behind the newly remastered classic and how it led to the group’s destruction.
- Tune-UPS: Jeff Beck honors Les Paul, Drowning Pool, GW Inquirer with Tim Sult of Clutch, Dear Guitar Hero with Richie Sambora, Robert Randolph and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with John Petrucci
- Soundcheck – Marshall JMD100100-watt digital guitar amp, Zoom G2.1Nu guitar effects and USB I/O, ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001, and Molten MIDI 2 programmable Whammy controller
- Audio File Cakewalk by Roland V-Studio 20
- The Hole Truth – Lag Tramontane T66D and T100DCE
- Buzz Bin Planet Waves Lubrikit Friction Remover
- Bass Desires Yamaha BB2025X five-string bass
- Vulgar display – The onstage rig of Ace Frehley
- Hole Notes by Dale Turner
- Chaos Theory by Chris Broderick
- Talkin’ Blues by Keith Wyatt
- Guitar 101 by Dave Weiner
- In Deep by Andy Aledort
- Ed’s Shed by Ed Mitchell
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons