Guitar World September 2007
Oct 01 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World September 2007 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “Jamie’s Cryin’ ” by Van Halen, “19th Nervous Breakdown” by the Rolling Stones, “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC, “Primal Concrete Sledge” by Pantera, “Hey There Delilah” by Plain White T’s
- Carlos Santana spreads his message of global tranquility through new CD reissues and a star-studded live DVD.
- Eddie Van Halen – In his first post-rehab interview, EVH is fit, tan and ready to kick some amp. PLUS For Fender amp guru Mike Ulrich, developing the EVH 5150 III was the thrill of a lifetime; and check out our detailed review of the 5150 III!
- Paul Gilbert – The world’s premier shredder teaches an insightful, multipart lesson in the art and science of lead guitar playing.
- Punk’s next wave – New punk acts like the Fall of Troy, Circa Survive and Portugal the Man are breaking the genre barrier with fleet-fingered guitar runs and effects-laden leads.
- Dimmu Borgir – In this black metal lesson, we demonstrate how to play Silenoz and Galder’s guitar parts from selected tracks on Dimmu Borgir’s diabolical new album, In Sorte Diaboli.
- Tool’s Adam Jones – An expanded edition of Dear Guitar Hero with the alterna-rock god.
- Eighties metallers go to Rocklahoma, Dimebag Darrell’s Rock Walk induction, Slash’s set list, Underoath, Guitar Hero’s Marcus Henderson, GW Inquirer with Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with John5
- Record Reviews: new Vai/Satch CDs, Guitar Masters compilation, MxPx, Robert Jr. Lockwood, Monterey International Pop Festival and Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
- Fender VG Stratocaster, Zoom G9.2tt Guitar Effects Console, Coffin Case BDFX1 Blood Drive distortion pedal, Ibanez XPT700Xiphos electric guitar, Peavey ValveKing 212 combo and Goodsell 33 Custom 1×12 combo
- Buzz Bin Dunlop custom picks
- Audio File IK Multimedia Amplitube Jimi Hendrix guitar modeling software
- New EQ What’s new and cool in the world of gear
- Bass Desires Breedlove Atlas ABJ25/CR5 Plus and ABJ25/CM4 acoustic basses
- The Hole Truth Dean Michael Schenker Performer MSP and Exotica MSE acoustic-electric guitars
- Tech Education – Rescuing a rare Fender Tremolux
- A Vulgar display of power – A complete overview of Brand New guitarist Jesse Lacey’s live rig
- Shadows Fall: Metal Shop
- Michael Angelo Batio: Time to Burn
- Richard Lloyd: The Alchemical Guitarist
- Steve Morse: Morse Code
- Slash: The Cat in the Hat
- Soloing Strategies with Tom Kolb
- Unplugging with Jimmy Brown
- Talkin’ Blues with Keith Wyatt
- All That Jazz with Vic Juris
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons