Guitar World October 2010
Oct 29 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World October 2010 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “That Was Just Your Life” by Metallica, “If You Want Peace… Prepare for War” by Children of Bodom, “Wheel in the Sky” by Journey, “Sulfur” by Slipknot, “Bell Bottom Blues” by Derek and the Dominds
- Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth & Anthrax – Guitar World presents a scrapbook of exclusive live and backstage photos from the Big Four tour.
- Dave Mustaine – In this excerpt from his new autobiography, the Megadeth frontman talks about his time with Metallica.
- The Berzerkus tour – Behind the scenes of the freakiest show on earth, with Zakk Wylde.
- Alexi Laiho Children of Bodom’s guitarist talks about going Berzerkus.
- Crossroads 2010 – Joe Bonamassa, Derek Trucks, Vince Gill and other showstoppers from Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Guitar Festival talk about the third-and flnal?-instaliment of the star-studded Chicago blues event.
- Avenged Sevenfold – Following the death of their drummer, the Rev, Avenged Sevenfold carry on with a dark new album, Nightmare. Zacky Vengeance and Synyster Gates talk about making the toughest record of their career.
- Morrison hotel’s 40th Anniversary – Doors guitarist Robby Krieger talks about the making of the celebrated 1970 album on which the psychedelic-rock group reclaimed its blues roots.
- Tune-UPS: Trivium, Glenn Proudfoot, Everest, Acrassicauda, Dear Guitar Hero with Nancy Wilson, High on Fire’s Setlist and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Dave Reffett
- Soundcheck – Sterling by Music Man Silo30-WH and jP50-SBK John Petrucci Signature Model, Boss ME-70 Guitar Multiple Effects, Blackstar Series One 200, Bugera V5 amp and Dean Deceiver electric guitar
- The Hole Truth RainSong Hybrid Series acoustic
- Buzz Bin Gator Cases Bone pedal board
- Bass Desires Warwick Streamer LX 4 SE USA Redwood bass
- A vulgar display of power – The onstage rig of Joe Bonamassa
- Hole Notes by Dale Turner
- Chaos Theory by Chris Broderick
- Talkin’ Blues by Keith Wyatt
- Guitar 101 by Marcelo Berestovoy
- In Deep By Andy Aledort
- Ed’s Shed by Ed Mitchell
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons