Guitar World November 2007
Oct 03 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World November 2007 contents:
- Transcriptions (with bass lines): “Foreplay/Long Time” by Boston, “Prometherion” by Behemoth, “Thnks frth Mmrs” by Fall Out Boy, “Balls to the Wall” by Accept, “Teenagers” by My Chemical Romance
- Test Your Guitar IQ – Think you know everything about music, guitarists and gear? Put your knowledge to the test as Guitar World presents the Ultimate Guitar IQ challenge.
- Music Trivia – Do you know your Pink Floyd from your Black Sabbath? Your Albert King from your Kerry King? How about your Icky Thump from your Sticky Fingers? See how smart you are about rock, metal, blues and punk with Guitar World’s music-genre challenge!
- Gear – Do straight cabs sound different from slant? Can outputs ever be used as inputs? If you buy a modeling amp, will you have to upgrade your wardrobe? Check your knowledge of guitars, amps and pedals with our gear-intensive quiz.
- Theory – Step right up and put your music theory muscles to the test! Whether you’re a master of modes or a too-cool-for-school strummer, our three skill levels guarantee every player comes out a winner.
- Hits & Miscellany. Did Hendrix kiss “the sky” or “this guy”? When did Van Halen release 1984? And who the hell is Chaim Witz? Test your knowledge of music minutiae, song lyrics, album factoids and guitar-slinger birth names with our cunning quizzes and ass-backward anagrams.
- Zakk Wylde Lesson – Legendary Ozzy Osboume and Black Label Society ax man Zakk Wylde shows you how to play three of his group’s best-loved songs: “Concrete Jungle,” “Stillborn” and “Suicide Messiah.”
- Rocklahoma – For four sweltering days in July, 24 glam-rock bands of the Eighties took over 400 acres of Oklahoma scrub and tried to have nothin’ but a good time. Guitar World went, we saw…and we survived.
- In the studio with Avenged Sevenfold, Divine Heresy, Metallica’s set list, Silveistein. Dear Guitar Hero with Dethklok’s Skwisgaar Skwigelf, Hollywood Rock Walk inductions and more!
- Paul Reed Smith SC 245 and Mark Tremonti Model solidbody electrics, B.C. Rich WMD Warbeast electric guitar. Moog Music Moogerfooger MF-107 FreqBox pedal. Yamaha CV820WB, Wes Borland Signature electric guitar. Ibanez Tone-Lok WD7 Weeping Demon wall pedal and Gabriel Voxer33 head and 2×12 Convertible cabinet
- Buzz Bin Shredneck guitar trainer
- Bass Desires First Act Delgada bass
- The Hole Truth – Epiphone John Lennon EJ-160E acoustic-electric
- The Hole Truth Epiphone Limited Edition Paul McCartney 1964 Texan
- Tech Education – How to clean an unfinished neck
- A complete overview of Megadeth guitarist Glen Drover’s live rig
- Shadows Fall: Metal Shop
- Michael Angelo Batio: Time to Burn
- Richard Lloyd: The Alchemical Guitarist
- Steve Morse: Morse Code
- Slash: The Cat in the Hat
- Soloing Strategies with Tom Kolb
- All That Jazz with Vic Juris
- Talkin’ Blues with Keith Wyatt
- Unplugging with Jimmy Brown
Text Format PDF, 212 pages
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons