Guitar World May 2010
Oct 24 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World May 2010 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “People Get Ready” by Jeff Beck, “Starship Trooper” by Yes, “Paradise City” by Guns n’ Roses, “Green River” by Creedence Clearwater Revival, “Dialectic Chaos” by Megadeth
- Jeff Beck – The virtuoso guitarist answers readers questions in this special expanded edition of Dear Guitar Hero.
- Joan Jett – With a new two-CD retrospective in stores and the star-studded flick The Runaways in theaters, Joan Jett is flying high again.
- Slash – It’s been two years since Velvet Revolver misfired, but Slash hasn’t been sitting on the sidelines. With a new solo album and a slew of guest appearances, the guitarist is locked, loaded and ready for action.
- Avenged Sevenfold’s M. Shadows talks about his unique opportunity to record with Slash, the death of A7X’s drummer and how the group is moving forward.
- The new Gibson Appetite Les Paul and Marshall AFD100 head bring Slash’s classic gear back to life.
- Chris Broderick – Megadeth monster shredder Chris Broderick shares the secrets of his skull-pounding guitar technique.
- The GW guide to recording modern metal, part two. Take control of music’s wildest tones with Guitar World’s ultimate guide to recording modern metal.
- Tune-UPS: Coheed and Cambria, Hurricane Bells, the 2011 Buyer’s Guide Model Search, GW Inquirer with Joe Perry, High on Fire, Triptykon, Bullet for My Valentine, Pixies and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Luis Carlos Maldonado of Into the Presence
- Soundcheck – DigiTech TimeBender Musical Delay, Tregan Syren Signature and Standard Series guitars, PRS SE Torero electric guitar, FloydUpgrades.com Brass “Big Block” and Titanium sustain blocks, Seymour Duncan Mick Thomson Signature pickups and Rocktron Patchmate Loop 8 Floor switching system
- Buzz Bin – Jack Deville Dark Echo pedal
- Bass desires – EMG JVX Jazz Bass pickups
- A vulgar display of power – The onstage rig of Ratt’s Warren DeMartini
- Left-hand path by Ihsahn
- Talkin’ blues by Keith Wyatt
- Guitar 101 by Ross Bolton
- In Deep by Andy Aledort
- Ed’s Shed by Ed Mitchell
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons