Guitar World March 2009
Oct 08 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World March 2009 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “Babe I’m Gonna Leave You” by Led Zeppelin, “Brain Damage/Eclipse” by Pink Floyd, “Heartwork” by Carcass, “Addicted” by Saving Abel, “Gotta Be Somebody” by Nickelback
- Mudvayne’s Greg Tribbett gives an exclusive look into the band’s latest release, The New Game.
- The rise of Led Zeppelin – From the demise of the Yardbirds, Jimmy Page created a new band that would reshape rock and roll for the Seventies and beyond. Guitar World presents the story behind Led Zeppelin’s launch and ascent.
- Eyewitness to history – Ritchie Blackmore, Ace Frehley, Tony Iommi and a host of other first-hand witnesses recall the band’s rapid and audacious rise.
- Led Zeppelin III – With the ethereal and controversial Led Zeppelin III, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant introduced musical elements of shadow and light that would define the group’s future efforts and change the direction of heavy rock and roll.
- The Zep III Cover – When Led Zeppelin were looking for a new artist to create the cover of their third album, Jimmy Page called on his old art college mate, Zacron. The result was one of rock’s most iconic record sleeves.
- Marty Friedman – It’s been years since Marty Friedman left his high-profile position with Megadeth. Now living in Tokyo, he’s become “Mr. Heavy Metal” – a superstar of Japanese TV and the country’s multifaceted music scene.
- The guitar world practice guide – Organize and structure your practice time into practical, objective-oriented drills with Guitar World’s six-point plan.
- Tune-UPS – Joe Satriani vs. Coldplay, what’s new on GW.com and at the Guitar World online store, Jimmy Herring, Dear Guitar Hero with Steve Lukather, Children of Bodom’s set list, and much more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Andy Timmons
- Soundcheck – Way Huge Swollen Pickle Mkll, Pork Loin and Fat Sandwich stomp boxes, DiMarzio 36th Anniversary PAF and True Velvet pickups, and B.C. Rich Chuck Schuldiner Tribute Stealth guitar
- Buzz Bin – Mono M80 electric guitar gigbag
- The Hole Truth – Martin SWOMGT Sustainable Wood Series acoustic guitar
- Audio File – IK Multimedia Stomp I/0-1
- Bass Desires – Electro-Harmonix Bass Blogger and Bass Microsynth pedals
- Tech Education – How bolt-on, set and neck-through designs affect sustain
- GW’s Guide to Compression
- A vulgar display of power – The onstage rig of Five Finger Death Punch guitarist Zoltan Bathory
- Shred Alert with Paul Gilbert
- The Alchemical Guitarist with Richard Lloyd
- Time to Burn with Michael Angelo Batio
- Jam Session with Jimmy Herring
- Left-Hand Path with Ihsahn
- All That Jazz with Vic Juris
- Taikin’ Blues with Keith Wyatt
- Around the Bend with Jerry Donahue
Text Format PDF, 109 pages
Includes original mp3 tracks