Guitar World June 2009
Oct 11 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World June 2009 contents:
- Transcriptions (bass lines included): “I can’t drive 55” by Sammy Hagar; “Blackbird” by Alter Bridge; “Superstition” by Stevie Ray Vaughan; “All Nightmare Long” by Metallica;
- Zakk Wylde – After a relatively quiet year, Zakk Wylde is back in action, working on a new Ozzy Osbourne album and touring in support of his new Black Label Society anthology, Skullage. And that’s just for starters.
- Mark Tremonti – His singer played with Led Zeppelin, and his signature PRS ax just got a freshening up. But what really has Alter Bridge guitarist Mark Tremonti psyched is the release of his first-ever instructional DVD. Class is in session.
- Chickenfoot – They hardly seem like birds of a feather. But when Joe Satriani, Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony and Chad Smith get together, the result is Chickenfoot, rock and roll’s most unlikely—but most talked about – supergroup. Plus Satch goes for 50-watt perfection with his new Peavey JSX 50.
- Jeff Beck – Since starting out with the Yardbirds more than four decades ago, Jeff Beck has defined guitar virtuosity. On the eve of his induction in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he talks about his storied past, his recent shows with Eric Clapton and his plans for a new album.
- Dhani Harisson – Son of a Beatle, man of the future, Dhani Harrison goes his own way – and finds strength in numbers – on You Are Here, the debut album from his band, thenewno2.
- Thrash Lesson – Want to play like Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and other metal masters? Take a lesson from our comprehensive guide to thrash.
- Tune-Ups – Killswitch Engage, Dream Theater’s new album, GW Inquirer with Brad Gillis, Yngwie Malmsteen on his new acoustic album, Dear Guitar Hero with Chrissie Hynde, Duff McKagan’s Loaded, Carcass’ set list, and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Marty Friedman
- Guitar World’s Guide to the 25 Coolest New Gear Products of 2009
- Planet Waves, Peavey
- PRS Guitars, DigiTech
- Native Instruments, Recording King, Zoom
- Taylor Guitars, Vox Amplification, Seymour Duncan Ableton
- Dunlop, Orange Amplification, Fender
- Tascam, Levy’s Leathers, Eventide, Randall Amplifiers
- Totally Wyked Audio, Fender Hagstrom, Rock House Method
- Ibanez, Mesa/Boogie, Boss
- A Vulgar Display of Power – The onstage rig of Lamb of God’s Mark Morton
- Shred Alert with Paul Gilbert
- The Alchemical Guitarist with Richard Lloyd
- Time to Burn with Michael Angelo Batio
- Jam Session with Jimmy Herring
- All That Jazz with Vic Juris
- Talkin’ Blues with Keith Wyatt
- Around the Bend with Jerry Donahue
- Tone Rules with Anthony “Big Tony” Lucas
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons