Guitar World June 2007
Sep 28 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World June 2007 contents:
- Tom Morello – On his solo debut, One Man Revolution, Tom Morello trades his electric for an acoustic and finds his voice as the Night watchman, avenger of social injustice.
- Derek Trucks & Doyle Bramhall II – As Eric Clapton’s world tour stops in China, his coguitarists reflect on their past year of good fortune.
- The making of Sgt. Pepper’s – Forty years ago, the Beatles launched the future of popular music with Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. Engineer Geoff Emerick reveals the secrets behind rock and roll’s most cataclysmic event.
- Geoff Emerick – The Beatles’ engineer explains some of the curious musical moments from the Sgt. Pepper’s sessions.
- The Fab Faux – They may call themselves the Fab Faux, but with their note-perfect reproductions, this Beatles tribute band is as close as it gets to the real thing.
- Shadows Fall – They’ve changed labels and producers, but Shadows Fall stay true to the metal on their latest, Threads of Life. PLUS The first installment of Matt Dachand and Jon Donais’ new Guitar World column
- Hellyeah – Two years after the death of his brother, guitarist Dimebag Darrell, drummer Vinnie Paul gets his groove back with HELLYEAH, the new metal supergroup featuring members of Mudvayne and Nothingface.
- Sounding board – Letters to the Editor & Defenders of the Faith
- Tune UPS – Slash on Velvet Revolver’s latest, Jimi Hendrix AmpliTube software, Rob Zombie’s set list, Brian May and Queen on IMAX soundtrack, GW Inquirer with Kerry King, Dear Guitar Hero with Paul Gilbert and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Fredrik Akesson of Arch Enemy
- Record Reviews: Shred triple threat: Marty Friedman, Richie Kotzen and John5, plus Tishamingo, Nine Inch Nails, Six Feet Under, the Mahavishnu Project and From Autumn to Ashes
- Soundchecks – Epiphone “Worn” Firebird Studio and “Faded” Dot Studio electric guitars, Hughes & Kettner Switchblade head, Celestion 12-inch G12 Alnico Gold speaker, and Electro-Harmonix Nano Clone chorus and Clone Theory chorus-vibrato pedals
- Playing the Market – The inside scoop on vintage gear
- Buzz Bin Occtone “The PMC” modified Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal
- New EQ What’s new and cool in the world of gear
- The Hole Truth – Baden A-Style acoustic-electric guitar
- Tech Education – Getting into tone woods
- A vulgar display of power – A complete overview of Unearth guitarist Ken Susi’s live rig
- Time to Burn by Michael Angelo Batio
- Morse Code by Steve Morse
- Axendancy by Trivium
Text Format PDF, 180 pages
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons