Guitar World July 2010
Oct 26 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World July 2010 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “Rust in Peace” by Megadeth, “Couldn’t Stand the Weather” by Stevie Ray Vaughan, “My Obsession” by Killswitch Engage, “Rock and Roll, Hoochie Koo” by Johnny Winter, “Mr. Scary” by Dokken
- Coheed And Cambria. Claudio Sanchez and Travis Stever discuss their latest release. Year of the Black Rainbow.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan triple-feature tribute: GW celebrates the blues rock legend on the 20th anniversary of his death. A new look at SRV’s early years through the people that knew him. The making of Couldn’t Stand the Weather, plus details about Sony’s upcoming deluxe reissue Jimmy Vaughan talks about his new album and remembers his legendary brother.
- Megadeth – On the 20th anniversary of Rust in Peace, Dave Mustaine tells the story behind the thrash classic.
- The Allman Brothers Band -Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks pick their favorite moments from the group’s recent eight-night stand at NYC’s United Palace.
- Johnny Winter – Following his harrowing near-death experience, the blues legend is alive and well and back in action. A lesson in playing Winter’s slide guitar parts on “Highway 61 Revisited.” Guitar World’s guide to the essential Johnny Winter.
- Tune-UPS: Stone Sour, Extreme, GW Inquirer with Les Claypool, Seasick Steve, Against Me!, Dear Guitar Hero with Joe Bonamassa and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Reb Beach of Winger
- Soundcheck – Martin GPCPA1 acoustic-electric guitar, Jackson X Series Mark Morton Dominion D2 and Phil Demmel PDX Demmelition King V electrics, Vox AC15C1 combo. Trayser Sherman Robertson signature model and DigiTech JamMan Solo Looper/Phrase Sampler pedal
- Buzz Bin BC Audio Amplifier No. 7
- Bass Desires G&L JB Rustic Series bass
- A vulgar display of power
- The onstage rig of Alice in Chains’ Jerry Cantrell
- Chaos Theory by Chris Broderick
- Talkin’ Blues by Keith Wyatt
- Guitar 101 by Greg Harrison
- In Deep by Andy Aledort
- Ed’s Shed by Ed Mitchell
Text Format PDF, 106 pages
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons