Guitar World January 2010
Oct 20 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World January 2010 contents:
- Transcriptions (bass lines included): “Wake Up” by Suicide Silence; “Tears In Heaven” (Unplugged) by Eric Clapton; “A New Level” By Pantera; “Everlong” (acoustic) by Foo Fighters; “Funk #49” by James Gang; “Higher” by Creed;
- Mark Tremonti – Creed were the celebrated gods of American rock before their world came crashing down six years ago. Mark Tremonti talks about the group’s resurrection and the making of its latest effort, Full Circle. Mark shows how to burn, Tremonti style.
- Joe Perry – The Aerosmith legend takes a second solo flight with Have Guitar, Will Travel, and hits the road with the Joe Perry Project.
- Dimebag Darrell: five years gone. On the fifth anniversary of his passing, Guitar World remembers the legendary guitarist with tributes from the people who knew him best.
- Jerry Abbott – The legendary axman’s father opens up about his son’s childhood, his early passion for the guitar and his life as “one hell of a dude.”
- Inside Pantera’s rise and fall. Former manager Walter O’Brien recalls his years with the group, and current Pantera manager Kimberly Zide Davis reveals upcoming anniversary releases.
- An essential guide to Dime’s Gear. The guitars, amps and pedals behind Dimebag’s legendary tone
- Five Finger Death Punch. Zoltan Bathory and Jason Hook team up for heavy metal glory on the new Five Finger Death Punch album, War Is the Answer. Got any questions?
- AFI – Jade Puget tells how goth-punkers AFI discovered the power of pure rock on their new album, Crash Love.
- Tune-UPS: 2010 GW Readers Poll, Breaking Benjamin, Nile, Suicide Silence book, Between the Buried and Me, Dear Guitar Hero with Richard Lloyd, Buckcherry’s setlist, and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Angus Clark of Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Soundcheck. Marshall Haze MHZ15 head, ESP Phoenix-II electric guitar, Jet City JCA20H head, Epiphone Special II and Explorer GT Series electric guitars, MXR Fullbore distortion pedal and Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6 electric guitar
- Buzz Bin – Danelectro Hodad mini amp
- New EQ – The newest and hottest gear
- Bass Desires – Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 head and Uber Bass 410 cabinet
- A vulgar display of power – The onstage rig of John5
- Dominion by Mark Morton
- Left-Hand Path by Ihsahn
- Time To Burn by Michael Angelo Batio
- Talkin’ Blues by Keith Wyatt
- Guitar 101 by Scott Henderson
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons