Guitar World January 2009
Oct 06 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World January 2009 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “Hell’s Bells” by AC/DC, “Who Made Who” by AC/DC, “Norwegian Wood” by the Beatles, “Mr. Crowley” by Ozzy Osbourne, “Two Weeks” by All That Remains, “Christmas Eve/Sarajevo” by Trans-Sibeian orchestra
- Fall out boy – He’s a metalhead at heart, but Fall Out Boy guitarist Joe Trohman finds his considerable talents pulled in many stylistic directions on the group’s latest bit of musical madness, Folie a Deux. PLUS Fall Out Boy rhythm king Patrick Stump declares victory with his “I Don’t Care” riff and brand-new Gretsch signature guitar.
- Noel Gallagher – Following a three-year absence and the loss of their drummer, Noel Gallagher and Oasis snap back into shape with Dig Out Your Soul, the Brit-rockers’ latest Fab-tastic album.
- Angus Young – The critics said AC/DC would have another hit when hell freezes over. Tell Satan to put on an overcoat-Angus Young and the boys from Down Under are back, with Black Ice, their cool new return to the raunch and roll that made them famous. PLUS Producer Brendan O’Brien talks about conjuring up the sounds that make Black Ice pure gold.
- David Gilmour – For Live in Gdansk, David Gilmour combines the best of Pink Floyd with his solo record On an Island, and performs for one last time with his friend and Pink Floyd collaborator, the late Richard Wright. PLUS Fender takes David Gilmour’s famous “Black Strat” to its next stage of evolution with a pair of signature reproductions.
- The 50 rock licks you need to known – Guitar World presents 50 licks that will fortify your classic rock soloing vocabulary, increase your fretboard knowledge and pump-up your chops.
- Tune-UPS – Deftones, David Cook, what’s new on GW. com and the GW online store, GW Inquirer with Black Dahlia Murder’s Brian Eschbach, Extreme’s set list, Dear Guitar Hero with Daron Malakian, Jimmy Page and Randy Rhoads Knucklebonz action figures, and much more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Andy Timmons
- Soundcheck – Fractal Audio Systems Axe-Fx Ultra pre-amp effect processor, Orange 40th Anniversary OR50 amplifier, Talking Tabs All-Audio music instruction CDs and Jackson Demmelition Phil Demmel Signature King V electric guitar
- Buzz Bin – AmpuPlugnPlay mini guitar amp
- Audio File – IK Multimedia AmpliTube Metal amp-simulation software
- Bass Desires – Music Man Sterling 5 bass
- Tech Education – How to convert a vintage Marshall Super P.A. to a guitar amp
- A Vulgar display of power – Staind guitarist Mike Mushok’s live rig
- Shred Alert with Paul Gilbert
- The Alchemical Guitarist with Richard Lloyd
- Time to Burn with Michael Angelo Batio
- Practice What You Preach with Eric Peterson
- Left-Hand Path with Ihsahn
- All That Jazz with Vic Juris
- Talkin’ Blues with Keith Wyatt
- Gypsy Jazz with John Jorgenson
Text Format PDF, 104 pages
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons