Guitar World January 2007
Sep 23 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres.
Guitar World January 2007 contents:
- Transcriptions (bass lines included): “Entrance of the Conflagration” by Trivium, “Canon Rock” by Jerry C., “Joker & The Thief” by Wolfmother, “Here It Goes Again” by OK Go, “My Generation” by the Who, “Rainbow in the Dark” by Dio
- Army of Anyone – Stone Temple Pilot vets Dean and Robert DeLeo team up with Filter’s Robert Patrick and deliver the heavy artillery with their new group.
- Trivium’s Matt Heafy and Corey Beaulieu – Blessed by metal’s elite, adored by millions of fans, Corey Beaulieu and Matt Heafy prepare to anoint the faithful and induce the disbelievers as Trivium launch their latest metallic assault, The Crusade. Convent – or else.
- The ultimate shred lesson – Learn to shred the modern metal way. An exclusive shredding tutorial featuring the members of Megadeth, Lamb of God and Arch Enemy!
- Guitar Heroes – What if your six-string heroes were superheroes with superpowers? Kirk Hammett, Herman Li, Sam Totman, Matt Heafy, Corey Beautieu and a host of modern-day metal guitar giants tell how they would save music from the forces of evil.
- Dream Theater’s John Petrucci – In an exclusive lesson, prog guitar virtuoso John Petrucci demonstrates the picking technique behind the licks to “Pull Me Under”, “Sacrificed Sons” and other masterpieces from Dream Theater and his solo career.
- Sounding Board – Letters to the Editor & Defenders of the Faith
- Tune Ups – In the studio with the Used, Rock Star Supernova, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, JerryC, Joe Satriani live CD & DVD, Gibson’s new Jimmy Page Signature Les Paul, GW Inguirer with Unearth, Jack White’s guitar, Slayer’s set list and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Jimmy Brown
- Record Reviews: Neil Young, Sublime box set, Hammerfall, Borknagar, +44 and John Lee Hooker
- Dear Guitar Hero… – Paul Stanley answewrs your questions.
- Soundchecks – DigiTech Brian May Red Special Signature pedal, Ibanez Nine Series Reissue pedals, Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster and BBE Sound Crusher, Green Screamer and Freq Broost pedals
- Playing the Market – The inside scoop on vintage gear
- Buzz Bin – Hottie Custom Toaster amp
- New EQ – What’s new and cool in the world of gear
- The Hole Truth – Yamaha LLX6 DN acoustic-electric guitar
- Tech education – Locating Ibanez replacement parts
- A vulgar display of power – A complete overview of Iron Maiden guitarist Dave Murray’s rig
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons