Guitar World Holiday 2010
Nov 01 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World Holiday 2010 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “The Only Exception” by Paramore, “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” by John Lennon, “Maybe I’m Amazed” by Paul McCartney, “Anthem (We Are the Fire)” by Trivium, “Unholy Confessions” by Avenged Sevenfold
- Ron Wood – The Rolling Stoner teams up with Slash, Billy Gibbons and an all-star cast of old and new friends for I Feel Like Playing.
- Randy Rhoads – The legendary guitarist’s custom Concorde guitar takes off in a top-flight limited-edition replica.
- John Lennon – On the 30th anniversary of Double Fantasy, Guitar World goes behind the scenes of the slain guitarist’s last album with the artists who helped him make it.
- Yoko Ono – Lennon’s widow talks about remastering his solo catalog.
- Klaus Voormann – In a rare exclusive interview, Lennon’s friend and sometime bandmate provides an intimate look into John’s solo career and artistry.
- Paul McCartney – The former Fab talks about the Beatles’ breakup and his slow climb back to the top as a solo artist and with Wings.
- Remasters – The complete guide to newly remastered albums by the Beatles, Lennon and McCartney
- Road Warriors – As Alice in Chains, Mastodon and Deftones wrap up the BlackDiamondSkye fall tour, they share their horror stories from the road and tell us what essential gear keeps them rolling along.
- Sounding board – Letters and Defenders of the Faith
- Tune-ups: Alter Bridge, King of the Blues, Inquirer with Ratt’s Warren DeMartini, Dear Guitar Hero with Jerry Cantrell, and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Francesco Artusato of All Shall Perish
- Soundcheck – Orange TH30 tube guitar amplifier, ESP Standard Series Vintage Plus electric guitar, Electro-Harmonix Ring Thing, Budda Superdrive Series II V-401×12 combo and EVH Wolfgang Special
- The Hole Truth – Taylor Baritone 8-String acoustic-electric
- Buzz Bin – Ernie Ball Gig Bag Amp
- Bass Desires – Carvin SB5000 five-string bass
- A vulgar display of power – The onstage rig of Kenny Wayne Shepherd
- Hole Notes by Dale Turner
- Merchant of Menace by Jeff Loomis
- Talkin’ Blues by Keith Wyatt
- Guitar 101 by Dean Brown
- In Deep by Andy Aledort
- Ed’s Shed by Ed Mitchell
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons