Guitar World Holiday 2007
Oct 05 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World Holiday 2007 contents:
- Transcriptions (bass lines included): “Evil Eye” by Yngwie Malmsteen, “Chemical Warfare” by Slayer, “Killing floor” (Live at Monterey) by Jimi Hendrix, “Bleed it Out” by Linkin Park, “Rockstar” by Nickelback.
- Serj Tankian – With System of a Down’s future up in the air, frontman Serj Tankian charts his own idiosyncratic course with Elect the Dead, his solo debut.
- Avenged Sevenfold – Two years ago. Avenged Sevenfold set the metal world on fire with their Gold-selling City of Evil. Now the band is turning up the heat with its spunky self-titled follow-up. Guitarists Zacky Vengeance and Synyster Gates give us a sneak peek in this revealing GW exclusive. PLUS Schecter builds Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance’s dream guitars.
- Van Halen – In the early Eighties, wherever Van Halen went, photographer Neil Zlozower was sure to go. GW presents a sneak sampling of his most unforgettable images from his forthcoming book. Van Halen-A Visual Histoiy: 1978 to 1984.
- Immortal – While Norway’s black metal scene burned. Immortal were noisily carving out their own style of “grim and frostbitten” extreme music. In this rare interview, founding members Demonaz and Abbath tell the true tale of 1 Immortal’s bleak and blackened journey.
- Coheed and Cambria – The latterday prog-rockers wrap up their epic sci-fi story with No World for Tomorrow, an album that nearly spelled the end of the band itself. PLUS Coheed’s Claudio Sanchez and Travis Stever show you their guitar techniques.
- The History Of Vox – From the Beatles and the Stones to Queen and the Mars Volta. Vox amplifiers have defined the sound of groundbreaking rock and roll. Guitar World celebrates the 50th anniversary of the company that brought you the classic AC30 combo.
- Led Zeppelin, Every Time I Die, Richie Kotzen, High on Fire, Tesla’s set list, Dear Guitar Hero with Leslie West and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Alice Cooper guitarist Jason Hook
- Taylor Classic, Standard and Custom solidbody electric guitars and Carr Mini-Mercury 1×10 combo
- Guitars for Under $750 – Squier Vintage Modified Tele SH and Strat HSS, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon, ESP LTD FX-260, Dean 79 Series V, Hagstrom Swede, Michael Kelly Patriot Black, Schecter C-1 FR, Ibanez S Series S320 and Washburn Idol Series WI64
- G&L Tribute L-2000 bass
- The Hole Truth – Shadow SH Sonic Doubleplay acoustic guitar pickup system
- Tech Education – Floyd Rose and Stratocasters
- Guitar World’s Guide to Buying an Acoustic Guitar
- A complete overview of Queensryche guitarist Mike Stone’s live rig
- Time to Burn with Michael Angelo Batio
- The Alchemical Guitarist with Richard Lloyd
- All That Jazz with Vic Juris
- Talkin’ Blues with Keith Wyatt
- Soloing Strategies with Tom Kolb
- The Cat in the Hat with Slash
- Blues Deluxe with Joe Bonamassa
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons