Guitar World February 2009
Oct 07 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World February 2009 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “Trapped Under Ice” by Metallica, “Blooddrunk” by Children of Bodom, “Beat It” by Michael Jackson, “Shot It Out Loud” by Kiss, “Carry On Wayward Son” by Kansas
- The Killers – Dave Keuning tells how the Killers scored a knockout with their lean and mean new album, Day & Age.
- Ron Thal – After years in the solo stunt-guitarist wilderness, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal finds himself welcomed into the wild, wild world of Guns N’ Roses.
- Eddie Van Halen – Nearly two years in the making, Eddie Van Halen’s new EVH Wolfgang guitar is the ultimate refinement of his classic signature ax. Guitar World gets a sneak preview and learns the story behind its transformation. PLUS Highlights in the EVH Wolfgang’s development from the journal of designer Chip Ellis.
- Ritchie Blackmore reflects on his decades of fascination with Renaissance music and talks about his latest endeavors to blend electric guitar with old-world instruments on the Blackmore’s Night album Secret Voyage.
- Children of Bodom’s Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala take you through the twists and turns of their latest offering, “Blooddrunk.”
- Alex Skolnick details the concepts behind his brilliantly adapted jazz-trio arrangement of the hard-rocking Kiss classic “Detroit Rock City.”
- Sweep-Picking lesson from Yngwie and Jason Becker to Buckethead and Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, guitarists have made sweep picking a killer part of their repertoire. GW shows you fresh ways of applying it that can turbo-charge your rock guitar playing.
- Tune-UPS – Anthrax in the studio, Mark Tremonti’s new DVD, Vox history book, what’s new on GW. com and at newsstands now, Alkaline Trio’s set list, Dear Guitar Hero with Avenged Sevenfold’s Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance, Cattle Decapitation, and much, much more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Andy Timmons
- Soundcheck – Mesa/Boogie Express 5:50 1×12 combo, Modtone MT-DS Speedbox Distortion XL, MT-OD Dino Drive, MT-PH Atomic Phaser, MT-AD Vintage Analog Delay and MT-CH Aqua Chorus effect pedals, Sierra Sunrise Series SA28CEWR acoustic guitar and ESP LTD Standard PB-500 guitar
- Buzz Bin – Lashbrook LTH-1 electric guitar
- Audio File – Vox JamVox computer interface system and modeling software
- Bass Desires – Squier Classic Vibe Series basses
- Tech Education – How to work a noise gate
- A vulgar display of power – The complete onstage rig of Hinder guitarist Joe “Blower” Ganvey
- Shred Alert with Paul Gilbert
- The Alchemical Guitarist with Richard Lloyd
- Time to Burn with Michael Angelo Batio
- Practice What You Preach with Eric Peterson
- Left-Hand Path with Ihsahn
- All That Jazz with Vic Juris
- Talkin’ Blues with Keith Wyatt
- Fender Bender with Jerry Donahue
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks