Guitar World December 2010
Oct 31 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World December 2010 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “Iron Maiden” by Iron Maiden, “Race with Devil on Spanish Highway” by Al Di Meola, “Cowboys from Hell” by Pantera, “In One Ear” by Cage the Elephant, “Let It Rain” by Eric Clapton
- Joe Satriani – The guitar virtuoso tells how personal tragedy led him to write his new album, Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards.
- Shredding the Image – Satch lays his shred cred on the line.
- The 30 greatest shred albums. Guitar World celebrates the 30 albums and players that defined shred over three eras of guitar-playing madness.
- Shredder Survey – Paul Gilbert, Mark Morton, Chris Broderick, Jeff Loomis and their shred-loving compatriots tell us what keeps them moving at warp-speed velocity.
- Steve Vai – He grew up listening to Jimi Hendrix. Now he’s paying homage to his hero onstage on this year’s Jimi Hendrix Tribute Tour.
- New Jimi Hendrix releases – Experience Hendrix and Sony Music prepare a trove of new releases for fall.
- Iron Maiden – Adrian Smith and Janick Gers talk about The Final Frontier, the metal legend’s newest, longest and most ambitious album. The making of their debut album. When they set off on their career in 1980, Iron Maiden promptly made a big splash with their self-titled debut album. Dave Murray and Steve Harris give their account.
- Sounding Board – Letters, and Defenders of the Faith
- Tune-UPS: All That Remains, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, GW Inquirer with the Melvins’ Buzz Osborne, Paul Gilbert, David Gilmour, Dear Guitar Hero with Jerry Cantrell, and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Soilwork’s Sylvain Coudret
- Soundcheck – Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Cry Baby wah and DVP1 Volume Pedal; MXR Micro Chorus and Micro Flanger; Line G Spider Valve Mkll HD100 head; Jet City JCA100H head; Washburn WD 20SCE acoustic-electric guitar; and Bugera V5 tube combo amp
- Buzz Bin Spider Capo
- Bass Desires DiMarzio Model P pickup and Pre-wired Replacement Pickguard
- A vulgar display of power – The live rig of Shinedown’s Zach Myers
- Hole Notes by Dale Turner
- Merchant of Menace by Jeff Loomis
- Talkin’ Blues by Keith Wyatt
- Guitar 101 by Dean Brown
- In Deep by Andy Aledort
- Ed’s Shed by Ed Mitchell
Text Format PDF, 105 pages
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons