Guitar World December 2007
Oct 04 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World December 2007 contents:
- Transcriptions (with bass lines) – “Mississippi Queen” by Mountain, “Pigs (Three Different Ones)” by Pink Floyd, “Becoming the Bull” by Atreyu, “Somebody Get Me a Doctor” by Van Halen, “T.N.T.” by AC/DC
- Crossroads – Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Guitar Festival began as a daylong blues-packed fundraiser for his Crossroads treatment center. It ended with a night of star-packed jams and a very special reunion.
- Kerry King – All hail Marshall’s new Kerry King signature amp. the 2203KK JCM800! The brutal tones that made Slayer famous are now available to mere mortals.
- Hendrix At Monterey – With a handful of cover songs and a can of lighter fluid, Jimi Hendrix and his band made their incendiary US. debut at the Monterey Pop festival in 1967. Rock music would never be the same.
- Jimi’s Last Gig – Billed as Europe’s answer to Woodstock, the ironically titled Love + Peace Festival was marred by appalling weather, marauding Hells Angels and fire. It was also the last i gig that Jimi Hendrix ever played.
- Foo Fighters – An expanded edition of Dear Guitar Hero with Foo Fighters guitarists Dave Grohl and Chris Shiflett
- Pink Floyd rose from avant-garde obscurity to become one of art rock’s brightest and most spectacular stars. On the 40th anniversary of their first album. Piper at the Gates of Dawn, producer Norman Smith reminisces about the rock milestone that got it all started.
- Atreyu cast off the weight of their past and set a new course for metalcore on their latest album. Lead Sails Paper Anchor. PLUS An exclusive lesson with Atreyu guitarists Travis Miguel and Dan Jacobs.
- Avenged Sevenfold – Metalli-shredders Zacky Vengeance and Synyster Gates show you their most trusted dual-guitar techniques.
- GW Model Search, Year Long Disaster. Peavey Custom Shop 2.0, GW Inquirer with Buckcherry’s Keith Nelson and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play Thit with Alice Cooper guitarist Jason Hook Rhino’s Heavy Metal Box retrospective, High on Fire, Trey Anastasio, Ministry, Marc Norgaard and Robben Ford
- Source Audio HotHand Phaser/Flanger and Wah motion-controlled effect systems, Axl Guitars Badwater solidbody electric guitars, ISP Technologies Vector SL Steve Lukather Signature Series guitar subwoofer, Peavey Windsor half stack, Fernandes Monterey Elite electric guitar and Divided by 13 13/29 1×12 combo
- Buzz Bin Ernie Ball Wah
- Audio File Peterson StroboSoft Suite
- Bass Desires Phil Jones Bass Flightcase amp
- The Hole Truth Fishman Aura Acoustic Imaging pedals
- Tech Education – Finding cases for your amps
- A complete overview of Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash’s live rig
- Metal Shop with Shadows Fall
- Time to Bum with Michael Angelo Batio
- The Alchemical Guitarist with Richard Lloyd
- The Cat in the Hat with Slash
- All That Jazz with Vic Juris
- Talkin’ Blues with Keith Wyatt
- Soloing Strategies with Tom Kolb
- Stage Coach with Emile Menasche
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons