Guitar World August 2010
Oct 27 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World August 2010 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “Chapel of Ghouls” by Morbid Angel, “Knights of Cydonia” by Muse, “Neon Knights” by Black Sabbath, “Your Betrayal” by Bullet for my Valentine, “Rock’n Me” by Steve Miller band
- Ronnie James Dio – Guitar World remembers the life and music of the late, great singer.
- The new prog – Bill Kelliher, Ben Weinman, Claudio Sanchez and other punk-loving proggers discuss their craft.
- Ozzy Osbourne – The godfather of heavy metal opens up about going sober, firing Zakk and hiring Gus G. for his latest album. Scream. Ozzy’s new guitarist, Gus G., talks about recording Scream and replacing Zakk Wylde.
- Mayhem Festival: Mark Morton, Willie Adler, Munky, John 5 and other guitarists from the tour’s 12 acts reveal their gear, injuries, guilty pleasures and more. John 5 digs into strange sounds on his new album, The Art of Malice.
- Deftones – Alter losing a member and scrapping an album, Deftones return to form with the alt-metal masterpiece Diamond Eyes.
- Ratt – Warren DeMartini and former Quiet Riot guitarist Carlos Cavazo keep the Eighties hair metal franchise rocking on with Infestation. Warren discusses his new line of Charvel signature guitars.
- Tune-UPS: Lamb of God, Eyal Levi and Emil Werstler, GW Inquirer with Rik Emmett, Dear Guitar Hero with Trey Azagthoth and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with John Li from Order of Ennead
- Soundcheck – DigiTech HardWire Series pedals, Peavey 6534+ head and 430 4×12, Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Custom and Solo-6 Standard, Graph Tech ResoMax Harmonic bridge system and Tusq XL nuts, and Way Huge Aqua-Puss MkII analog delay
- Audio File – Apple Logic Studio/Apogee GiO
- Buzz Bin BC Audio Amplifier No. 7
- Bass Desires G&L JB Rustic Series bass
- A vulgar display of power – The onstage rig of A Day to Remember’s Kevin Skaff
- Chaos Theory by Chris Broderick
- Talkin’ Blues by Keith Wyatt
- Guitar 101 by Greg Harrison
- In Deep by Andy Aledort
- Ed’s Shed by Ed Mitchell
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons