Guitar World August 2007
Sep 30 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World August 2007 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “It’s Not Over” by Daughtry, “Icky Thump” by the White Stripes, “Simple Man” by Lynyrd Skynyrd, “Bark at the Moon” by Ozzy Osbourne, “Working Man” by Rush
- Linkin Park – Taking vintage gear in hand, Brad Delson forges a new hybrid of classic and modern sounds on Linkin Park’s latest effort, Minutes to Midnight.
- Ozzy Osbourne – A newly clean and sober Ozzy Osbourne lets his genius shine on Black Rain, his dark and brilliant treatise on the madness of warfare, greed and global destruction. PLUS Zakk Wylde talks about his 20 years of service to Ozzy Osbourne, the original price of darkness.
- Randy Rhoads – Twenty-five years after his death, Randy Rhoads’ family and friends gather for a documentary to shed light on the guitar legend’s private life and his enduring influence on music.
- Lamb of God – Private lesson! Guitarists Mark Morton and Willie Adler show you a pair of deadly unrecorded riffs.
- White Stripes – Jack White unleashes his demons on Icky Thump, the strangest, scariest, most intense White Stripes album ever.
- Rush – As Rush drop their latest release, Snakes Et Arrows, guitarist Alex Lifeson reflects back on Moving Pictures, the prog-rock masterpiece that gave life to the power trio’s legend.
- Sounding board – Letters to the Editor & Defenders of the Faith
- Tune UPS – Cartel: Band in a Bubble, Gojira, Job for a Cowboy’s set list, Finger 11, Against Me!, GW Inquirer with Tommy Shaw, Dear Guitar Hero with John5 and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Wayne Findlay of Slavior
- Record Reviews: Frank Zappa DVD, Marduk, Supernatural, Queens of the Stone Age, Burning Brides and James Blood Ulmer
- Soundcheck – First Act V-Stack VA850, VA851 and VA881 amplifiers, Gretsch Brian Setzer Hot Rod with TV Jones pickups, Swing Prism electric guitar, and Line 6 Floor POD Plus and Carr Vincent 1×12 combo
- Playing the Market – The inside scoop on vintage gear
- Buzz Bin Splawn Quick-Rod amp
- The Hole Truth Guild F-40 Valencia acoustic-electric with D-TAR system
- Audio File M-Audio GuitarBox Pro music production system
- New EQ What’s new and cool in the world of gear
- Bass Desires Warwick Dark Lord bass
- The Hole Truth Ibanez SGT110 Sage Series grand concert acoustic guitar
- Tech Education – Amp and effect modifications
- A complete overview of HELLYEAH guitarist Tom Maxwell’s live rig
- Richard Lloyd: The Alchemical Guitarist
- Michael Angelo Batio: Time to Burn
- Trivium: Axendancy
- Steve Morse: Morse Code
- Slash: The Cat in the Hat
- Shadows Fall: Metal Shop
- Soloing Strategies with Tom Kolb
- Unplugging with Jimmy Brown
- Talkin’ Blues with Keith Wyatt
- All That Jazz with Vic Juris
Text Format PDF, 204 pages
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons