Guitar World April 2010
Oct 23 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World April 2010 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “Stone Free” by Jimi Hendrix, “Shoot to Thrill” by AC/DC, “Flight of Icarus” by Iron Maiden, “Danger: Wildman” by the Devil Wears Prada, “Toes” by Zac Brown Band
- Burzum’s Varg Vikernes. He’s disowned the Norwegian black metal genre he helped create in the Nineties. After an absence of more than 15 years, Varg Vikernes is back with a new album that takes his musical vision deeper into the abyss. Five bands that are keeping the black metal genre alive
- Jimi Hendrix – Newly restored tapes from 1969 shed light on the turbulent final months of Jimi Hendrix’s life, the recordings he created, and the music that might have been. Jimi Hendrix’s 1969 Albert Hall performances get the green light for CD, DVD and theatrical release.
- Joe Satriani – He played an extended world tour in 2008 and spent the past year performing with Chickenfoot and readying his brand-new DVD, Live in Paris. So where is Joe Satriani going with that ax in his hand? Straight onto the 2010 Experience Hendrix Tour, that’s where. Satch, Eric Johnson, Vernon Reid and others look forward to living out their Jimi Hendrix fantasies on the 2010 Experience Hendrix Tour.
- The GW guide to recording modern metal. Take control of music’s wildest tones with Guitar World’s ultimate guide to recording modern metal.
- 50 Chords you need to known: GW presents a compendium of great chord fingerings, voicings and riff ideas that every aspiring rock guitarist should master.
- Tune-UPS. Randy Rhoads Concorde limited-edition guitar, Shooter Jennings, GW Inquirer with Ghickenfoot’s Michael Anthony, Eternal Descent, Jim Campilongo, Dear Guitar Hero with Marillion’s Steve Rothery and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Luis Carlos Maldonado of Into the Presence
- Soundcheck – Eventide Eclipse digital effects processor, Kustom Double Cross head, Vox AC4TVH tube amplifier head and V112TV cabinet, BBE Tremor dual tremolo pedal and Rocktron Patchmate Loop 8 Floor switching system
- Audio file. Waves Eddie Kramer Collection
- Buzz Bin. Gristle King overdrive/boost pedal
- Bass desires. Fender 50th Anniversary Jazz Bass
- A vulgar display of power – The onstage rig of Five Finger Death Punch’s Jason Hook
- Left-hand path by Ihsahn
- Talkin’ blues by Keith Wyatt
- Guitar 101 by Jeff Marshall
- In Deep by Andy Aledort
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons