Guitar World April 2009
Oct 09 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World April 2009 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “The Pot” by Tool, “Crosstown Traffic” by Jimi Hendrix Experience, “Welcome Home” by Coheed and Cambria, “Hall of the Mountain King” by Savatage, “Scarified” by Racer X/Paul Gilbert
- The 2009 readers poll – Joe Satriani rules the Hall of Fame, Alexi Laiho trounces the competition as Best Metal Guitarist and AC/DC are back in Black (Ice, that is) as Best Comeback. You voted, we counted. Here are the results.
- Kirk Hammet & Adam Jones – They both started as cult heroes – Metallica’s Kirk Hammett was a man of the people, and Tool’s Adam Jones was a man of mystery. Join them as they compare notes on how they transformed their heavy metal into a worldwide religion.
- Cult heroes – Ready to venture off music’s beaten path into the wild world of guitar-wielding conjurers and mystics? Guitar World presents 25 guitarists from the past to the present whose supernatural talents have inspired legions of devoted followers.
- Savatage’s Criss Oliva – As the lead guitarist of Savatage, Criss Oliva crafted a towering style that casts its shadow over modern metal and the music of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
- Deathcore – Combine the palm-muted rage of death metal with metalcore’s breakdowns and grooves, and whaddaya get? Deathcore! GW explores the latest extreme metal phenomenon through interviews with All Shall Perish, Suicide Silence and other leaders of the pack.
- Jeff Loomis – Nevermore’s master of shred Jeff Loomis discusses his incendiary debut solo release, Zero Order Phase, and takes you to the center of his technical wizardry.
- Tune-UPS – Ron Asheton, what’s new on GW.com and at the Guitar World online store, Scale the Summit, Dear Guitar Hero with John Frusciante, GW Inquirer with As I Lay Dying’s Phil Sgrosso, Journey’s set list, and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Tony Smotherman
- Soundcheck – Charvel So-Cal and San Dimas electric guitars, ENGL Special Edition E 670 amplifier, Walden Natura Series D710 acoustic guitar and Prestige Heritage Hollow hollowbody electric guitar
- Buzz Bin – Native Instruments Kore Electronic Experience
- Audio File – Radial Engineering JDV MK3 Class A DI box, JDX amp DI box, Phazer Class A phase adjuster and X-Amp active re-amper
- Bass Desires – Yamaha BB714BS Billy Sheehan Signature bass
- Tech Education – Big Muff vs. Little Big Muff
- A vulgar display of power – The onstage rig of Anberlin guitarist Joseph Milligan
- Shred Alert with Paul Gilbert
- The Alchemical Guitarist with Richard Lloyd
- Time to Bum with Michael Angelo Batio
- Jam Session with Jimmy Herring
- Left-Hand Path with Ihsahn
- All That Jazz with Vic Juris
- Talkin’ Blues with Keith Wyatt
- Around the Bend with Jerry Donahue
Text Format PDF, 108 pages
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons