Guitar World April 2007
Sep 26 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World April 2007 contents:
- Transcriptions (Bass lines included): “Trouble no more” (live) by the Allman Brothers Band, “Hallowed be thy name” by Iron Maiden, “Flying high again” (live) by Ozzy Osbourne, “Revolution is my name” by Pantera, “Pull The Plug” by Death.
- Dimebag Darell – Learn to play the Dimebag way! Associate editor Nick Bowcott gleans the best from Dimebag Darrell’s celebrated Guitar World columns to bring you the ultimate guide to riffing. PLUS Choice picks from the “Feedback Sack,” Dimebag’s monthly replies to readers’ questions.
- Randy Rhoads’ long-lost custom Jackson guitar is discovered in the collection of a number-one admirer. Sean Clegg tells how he came to own the legendary virtuoso’s third – and last – hand-built prototype. PLUS Guitar World discovers the Soldano SLO-100 Stevie Ray Vaughan commissioned before he died.
- Chuck Schuldiner – He called his band Death, but Chuck Schuldiner loved life, family and the most brutal metal imaginable. On the fifth anniversary of his passing, Guitar World celebrates death metal’s pioneer and spiritual guide.
- Duane Allman led the Allman Brothers Band to success with his brilliant guitar work and surpremely confident attitude. On the 35th anniversary of the group’s greatesl album. At Fillmore East, Allman Brother Dickey Betts shares his memories of the late great guitarist and the album that made them famous. PLUS Associate editor Andy Aledort shows you how to play slide the Duane Allman way!
- Sounding Board – Letters to the Editor & Defenders of the Faith
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd’s star-studded blues CD, Emperor, Heaven and Hell, Celtic Frost’s set list, GW Inquirer with Hawthorne Heights, Dear Guitar Hero with Buddy Guy, and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Alex Skolnick
- Record Reviews: Meshuggah, Car Bomb, the End, and more!
- Paul Reed Smith 513 Rosewood electric guitar, Orange Thunderverb 200 head and PPC 412 HP8 cabinet, Malden Bad Karma electric guitar and Kustom HV65 combo
- Playing the Market – The inside scoop on vintage gear
- Buzz Bin Manne Ventura F4MH electric guitar
- New EQ – What’s new and cool in the world of gear
- Alive & Gigging TC-Helicon VoiceSolo VSM-300 active voice monitor and control
- Tech Education – How to calibrate pickup poles
- A vulgar display of power – A complete overview of Unearth guitarist Buz McGrath’s live rig
- Time to Burn – by Michael Angelo Batio
- Morse Code by Steve Morse
Text Format PDF, 180 pages
Includes original mp3 tracks and video lessons