Guitar World Anniversary 2010
Oct 19 2011
Guitar World is a monthly music magazine devoted to guitarists. It contains original interviews, album and gear reviews and guitar and bass tablature of approximately five songs each month.
Guitar World – the world’s number one guitar magazine – is a monthly publication for guitarists of all levels, as well as for fans of metal, rock, emo, blues and other styles of guitar-based music. Covers the hottest new guitar players and classic guitarists, with a focus on their music, instruments, and lifestyle. In-depth interviews and features, transcriptions of new and classic songs, private guitar lessons, product reviews and columns written by top players in each of the major music genres. Guitar World Anniversary 2010 contents:
- Tony Iommi & Eddie Van Halen – One forged the template for heavy metal. The other advanced it with virtuoso shredding. Together, they shaped the guitar universe as we know it today. Tony Iommi and Eddie Van Halen mark Guitar World’s 30th anniversary with a colossal conversation about their careers, friendship and the past three decades of our favorite instrument
- Rodrigo y Gabriela. Classical guitar duo Rodrigo y Gabriela create acoustic dedications to Dimebag Darrell, Jimi Hendrix and the other guitar greats that inspired them, on their latest release, 11:11.
- Guitar World’s 30th Anniversary. As Guitar World hits the big Three-Oh!, we take a look at the people, music, gear and trends that have shaped the past three decades of our ax-wielding universe – from AC/DC, Randy Rhoads and Paul Reed Smith to Metallica, Mesa/Boogie, the internet, Dimebag…and much, much more.
- Zakk Wylde – Throat surgery! A hernia! Liver disease and pancreatitis! Blood clots that nearly killed him! What’s next for Zakk Wylde? The fast-living, hard-drinking guitarist talks about his brush with death, his split with Ozzy Osbourne, and how he’s staying brewtal without the brew.
- 30 Years of Guitar Technique. In 1978, Eddie Van Halen broke new ground and set an era of guitar virtuosity in high motion. In this exhaustive lesson, Guitar World shows you how to perform the techniques that have revolutionized the past 30 years of rock and metal.
- Tune Ups: Jeff Beck, Inquirer with Jeff Hanneman, Michael Angelo Batio, Dear Guitar Hero with Night Ranger’s Brad Gillis and Joel Hoekstra, 311’s setlist, and more!
- Betcha Can’t Play This with Brendon Small of Metalocalypse
- Soundcheck – Mesa/Boogie Electra Dyne, Sterling by Music Man AX40 and AX20 guitars, Dunlop Kirk Hammett Signature Cry Baby wah, MXR Fullbore Metal Distortion pedal Vox Night Train tube amplifier head and DiMarzio DP228 Crunch Lab and DP227 LiquiFire John Petrucci humbuckers
- Buzz Bin – Totally Wyked Audio Little Dipper
- The Hole Truth – Yamaha LLX16 acoustic-electric guitar
- Bass Desires – Eastwood Airline Map bass
- A Vulgar Display Of Power – The onstage rig of Darkest Hour’s Mike Schleibaum
Text Format PDF
Includes original mp3 tracks