Guitar World Acoustic May 2006
Feb 23 2016
Guitar World Acoustic brings the best in acoustic guitar music six times each year. You get in-depth interviews with the latest chart makers, lessons on the playing of legendary acoustic performers like Paul Simon, Neil Young and Willie Nelson, gear reviews and much more. Plus, each issue includes complete transcriptions of new and classic songs. Here you’re getting a vintage magazine back issue with great guitar transcriptions, really interesting articles and useful information, along with some of the coolest full page color ads. Acoustic guitar transcriptions.
Guitar World Acoustic May 2006 contents:
- First stringers: Calexico, Bruce Springsteen, KT Tunstall, Kris Kristofferson, Teddy Geiger, Willy Mason and more
- Neko Case. The singer-songwriter celebrates the release of her new album, Fox Confessor Brings the Flood, and reveals that it was her discovery of the acoustic four-string tenor guitar that made her the artist she is today.
- Jack Johnson – Hawaii’s greatest surfer singer-songwriter talks about his cool, not-for-kids-only soundtrack to Curious George, and riffs on the deceptively simple guitar style that is at the heart of his music.
- Nickelback. Frontman Chad Kroeger and guitarist Ryan Peake report on how a little unplugged gamble turned into one of the biggest rock and roll success stories of the year. Plus! Chad Kroeger teaches you how to play the band’s sweet acoustic hit, Photograph.
- Pink Floyd lesson. Learn to play David Gilmour’s acoustic guitar parts to some of the band’s greatest songs, including “Wish You Were Here”, “Welcome to the Machine”, “Dogs” and more!
- Ben Harper. The singer-songwriter and eclectic guitarist assesses with his usual candor his new double album, Both Sides of the Gun.
- The Kinks – Lola
- The Rolling Stones – Love in Vain
- Merle Haggard – Okie From Muskogee
- James Blunt – You’re Beautiful
- Turn it Up with Rick Turner. Speakers in the House. Amp and PA options for your acoustic guitar
- The Jazz Box with John Pizzarelli. “My Funny Valentine,” Part 2. The final 20 bars of the Rodgers & Hart classic.
- Basic training with Keith Wyatt. Bossa Nova – sexy, nylon-string accompaniment patterns from Brazil
- Make Room for DADGAD with Laurence Juber. A Break from Dear Old DAD. “Jesus Joy of Man’s Desire,” in open G.
- Unplugging with Jimmy Brown. Tonight Show – a mellow arrangement of Eric Clapton’s “Wonderful Tonight”
- Gear Reviews
- Record reviews
- Contemporary Classics. Santa Cruz custom Vintage Southerner guitar
Text Format PDF, 73 pagesDownload Guitar World Acoustic May 2006 free and other lessons from our site