Guitar World Acoustic #74 (2004)
Jan 19 2016
Guitar World Acoustic brings the best in acoustic guitar music six times each year. You get in-depth interviews with the latest chart makers, lessons on the playing of legendary acoustic performers like Paul Simon, Neil Young and Willie Nelson, gear reviews and much more. Plus, each issue includes complete transcriptions of new and classic songs. Here you’re getting a vintage magazine back issue with great guitar transcriptions, really interesting articles and useful information, along with some of the coolest full page color ads. Acoustic guitar transcriptions.
Guitar World Acoustic #74 (2004) contents:
- First stringers: Jesse Malin, Devendra Banhart, Jason Mraz, Heart’s Nancy Wilson, Seether, Ryan Cabrera, Dave Van Ronk, Austin City Limits Festival.
- Unplugging – A solo acoustic guitar arrangement of Bruce Springsteen’s “Dancing in the Dark”.
- Steve Earle. Rebel with a cause Steve Earle turns his baleful eye and electric and acoustic guitars in the direction of George W. Bush on The Revolution Starts… Now. Plus: Ten great protest songs.
- The school of Acoustic Rock. You’ve had a great summer partying. Now it’s time to get back to school – the School of Acoustic Rock, with a curriculum guaranteed to get your fingers itchin’ to do some pickin’. Plus: Jimmy Page, Sheryl Crow and other greats recall their earliest encounters with the acoustic guitar.
- Pickup Shtick. Ten great pickups for your guitar, plus an electrifying history of acoustic guitarists’ heroic struggles to get loud.
- Laurence Juber – The brilliant fingerpicker and master of DADGAD tuning teaches you how to play his stunning solo version of the Beatles’ “Let It Be”, and discusses how he arrives at his arrangements. The first in a series of instructional columns.
- Pink Floyd – Mother
- The Cure – Just Like Heaven
- John Mayer – Clarity
- Pearl Jam – Black (Live)
- Traditional – Will The Circle Be Unbroken
- Bob Dylan – Masters of War
- Rock Quarry with Warren Haynes. Warren teaches his acoustic arrangement of his original tune. “In My Life”.
- The Jazz Box with Frank Vignola. “Stardust” part 2. Frank teaches you the solo part to his arrangement of the standard.
- Basic Training with Keith Wyatt. “Boom-chick” accompaniment, part 3: bass runs.
- Record Reviews
- New Gear
- Contemporary classics. Parlor Beauty – size 5 Mini-Martin.
Text Format PDF, 73 pagesDownload Guitar World Acoustic #74 (2004) free and other lessons from our site