Guitar World Acoustic #73 (2004)
Jan 15 2016
Guitar World Acoustic brings the best in acoustic guitar music six times each year. You get in-depth interviews with the latest chart makers, lessons on the playing of legendary acoustic performers like Paul Simon, Neil Young and Willie Nelson, gear reviews and much more. Plus, each issue includes complete transcriptions of new and classic songs. Here you’re getting a vintage magazine back issue with great guitar transcriptions, really interesting articles and useful information, along with some of the coolest full page color ads. Acoustic guitar transcriptions.
Guitar World Acoustic #73 (2004) contents:
- First stringers: Nick Drake, Chris Robinson, Avril Lavigne, Jay Farrar, Gary Jules, Boston’s Tom Scholz, Del Castrillo, Taylor book.
- Unplugging – A solo acoustic arrangement of the Police’s great reggae-inflected hit, “Roxanne”.
- My Morning Jacket – singer and guitarist Jim James colors his world on My Morning Jacket’s new acoustic EP, Acoustic Citsuoca.
- 100 essential albums. Our editors and a bunch of distinguished guitarists identify the acoustic rock, blues, country, bluegrass and fingerstyle albums they think you must have.
- Wilco. Yes, he’s played electric before, but why is Jeff Tweedy playing lead guitar on Wilco’s new album. A Ghost is Born? Is nothing sacred? Plus: The making of Uncle Tupelo’s seminal No Depression.
- Warren Haynes. Does this man ever get to sleep? The Gov’t Mule frontman and Allman Brothers guitarist releases a live solo acoustic album, Live at Bonnaroo.
- Mott the Hoople – All the Young Dudes
- Pixies – Where is My Mind?
- Avril Lavigne – Don’t Tell Me
- Guns N’ Roses – Civil War
- The Rolling Stones – It’s only Rock & Roll (But I Like It)
- Ludwig van Beethoven – Theme from Fur Elise
- Rock Quarry with Warren Haynes. How to play Warren’s acoustic arrangement of his Allman Bros. hit, “Soulshine”.
- The Jazz Box with Frank Vignola. How to play the Hoagy Carmichael standard, “Stardust”.
- Basic Training with Keith Wyatt. Boom-chick accompaniment, part 2: Roots and fifths.
- Record Reviews
- New Gear
- Contemporary classics. The Breedlove Phoenix Master Class acoustic guitar.
Text Format PDF, 75 pagesDownload Guitar World Acoustic #73 (2004) free and other lessons from our site