Guitar Techniques Spring 2013 (#216)
Mar 23 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques Spring 2013 (#216) contents:
- Southern Rock – Learn the genre! Play guitar in the styles of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Black Oak Arkansas, Little Feat, ZZ Top and more.
- Make Noise! 20 incredible guitar sounds. Jamie Humphries shows you how to sound like an elephant, a violin, a koto, a police siren, and even a horde of locusts!
- Deep Purple – Lazy. Join The Bish as he transcribes Deep Purple’s epic gem from the classic Machine Head album in full – organ solo tabbed too.
- J S Bach – Cello Suite No.1 Prelude. Bridget Mermikides arranges and transcribes a wonderful piece by one of the most influential and popular composers of all.
- Lessons introduction. Cassius Sidwell slides like a butterfly and picks like a bee. You can too!
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six more licks at all playing levels, from BIMM Brighton’s Terry Lewis.
- Blues – John Wheatcroft looks at the bluesier side of Dr Feelgood’s mighty Wilko Johnson.
- Rock – Martin Cooper handcuffs the eclectic rock style of Police era Andy Summers.
- Creative Rock – Professor Baxter has prepared a thesis on advanced octaves for you this month.
- Hot Country Lead – Andy Saphir on the essential country guitar style of chicken picking. Cluck cluck!
- Prog – Paul Bielatowicz turns his focus on… Focus and their legendary guitarist, Jan Akkerman.
- Jazz – Pete Callard brings you the pioneering electric jazz licks of Charlie Christian.
- Acoustic – О Brother! Stuart Ryan on the infectious and earthy style of acoustic gospel blues.
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths continues his A-Z. This month it’s H for hammer-ons, harmonics and more!
- Video Masterclass – Larry Carlton lesson. West Coast session legend and tasteful guitar supremo shares his soloing secrets with you!
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques April 2013
Next issue: Guitar Techniques May 2013
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages