Guitar Techniques September 2013 (#221)
Apr 26 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques September 2013 (#221) contents:
- Solo over chord progressions – Nail those changes! Do you get stuck beyond basic blues soloing? Learn how to play over different chord changes and be a more complete player!
- Wah guitar! Express yourself. Check out the expressive wah guitar styles of Joe Walsh, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Isaac Hayes, Thin Lizzy, Steve Vai and many more!
- David Bowie: Starman – Ziggy’s classic transcribed! Wanna learn some classic Bowie from the ’70s? Now’s your chance with Jon Bishop’s great transcription of an iconic Ziggy masterpiece!
- JS Bach – ‘Arioso’ from Cantata. Bridget Mermikides excels herself this month with a truly beautiful solo guitar version of one of Bach’s classics. Learn it now!
- Lessons Introduction – Jason Sidwell ushers in our Lessons section.
- 30-Minute Lickbag – BIMM’s Terry Lewis has six great licks for you!
- Blues – John Wheatcroft looks at the bluesier side of Pink Floyd’s legendary David Gilmour.
- Blues – JW has even more blues for you, here in the style of the awesome Kenny Wayne Shepherd.
- Rock – Martin Cooper goes glam this month with a lesson on Mott The Hoople’s Mick Ralphs.
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter has looked at 2nds and 3rds. This month “it’s one more, isn’t it” – 4ths!
- Hot Country – Andy Saphir meets a modern country superstar, the one and only Alan Jackson.
- Prog – Paul Bielatowicz unveils the original and influential style of Patto’s Ollie Halsall.
- Jazz – Pete Callard visits the unmistakeably Latin jazz guitar style of Charlie Byrd.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan transcribes the gospel favourite Just A Closer Walk With Thee.
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths continues his A-Z of music theory with a look at M for Modes and More!
- Video Masterclass. Steve Lukather lesson. Toto guitar hero and session ace Steve shares his guitar secrets with all of us.
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques August 2013
Next issue: Guitar Techniques October 2013
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages