Guitar Techniques October 2012 (#209)
Feb 01 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques October 2012 (#209) contents:
- The Shadows – Apache. It’s The Shadow’s best hit and it’s Hanktastic! New tab, new recording by Neville Marten.
- Focus – Sylvia. Jamie Humphries transcribes one of the best rock instrumentals ever, by the brilliant Focus!
- Tommy Emmanuel – Moon River. Learn Tommy’s wonderful take on Mancini’s classic song from Breakfast At Tiffany’s.
- Richard Wagner – Ride Of The Valkyries. Bridget Mermikides arranges yet another incredible piece for solo classical guitar.
- Antonio Vivaldi – Summer. Paul Bielatowicz continues Vivaldi’s Four Seasons for shred style guitar, with Summer.
- Lessons Introduction. Commander Sidwell orders you to practise like an Olympic athlete. Or else…
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six diverse licks in easy, intermediate and advanced flavours from Scott McGill.
- Blues – John Wheatcroft unveils the tasteful style of British blues legend Peter Green.
- Rock – Martin Cooper looks at Leicester-born rock sensations Kasabian.
- Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter continues his exploration of sweep picked arpeggios – in bluesy style.
- Hot Country Lead. Andy Saphir dons his cowboy hat and Fender Tele to tackle the style of awesome country legend Brad Paisley.
- Jazz. Pete Callard in respectful homage to a true master of jazz guitar, Johnny Smith.
- Acoustic. Stuart Ryan arranges and transcribes an English trad piece, The House Carpenter.
- Rockschool. Charlie Griffiths ushers in a brand new Rockschool column for GT. Ladeez and gentz, welcome to our A To Z Of Music Theory!
- Video Masterclass. Bryan Baker. Charl Coetzee introduces the first in a three-part masterclass with a new guitar genius!
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques September 2012
Next issue: Guitar Techniques November 2012
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages