Guitar Techniques October 2011 (#196)
Sep 18 2014
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and intrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques October 2011 (#196) contents:
- All Star Blues Jam – Join in with the legends! Our fantasy blues jam includes BB, Albert and Freddie King, Clapton, SRV, Gary Moore, Peter Green, Eric Johnson, Jimi Hendrix – and you?
- Guns N’ Roses – Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door. Dylan wrote it and many greats have recorded it – we tab the best version ever, by Axl, Slash and the boys from Use Your Illusion II…
- Bach – Jesu Joy Of Man’s Desiring. Another superb Bridget Mermikides arrangement and transcription of a true classic. Play Bach on nylon-string acoustic!
- Ludwig Van Beethoven – Moonlight Sonata 3rd mvt. This was such a monster that we’ve had to split it into two halves. Here’s the second part of the third movement for your pleasure…
- Lessons introduction. JS welcomes you to another action packed, fun filled and full to the brim techniques section!
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six more great licks in easy, intermediate and advanced levels from Scott McGill.
- Blues – John Wheatcroft looks at the languid string bending style of Jimi Hendrix.
- Rock – Martin Cooper examines the playing of a fabulous blues-rock all-rounder, Richie Kotzen.
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter continues his new series on creating sonic variety with chords.
- Harmonics – Tech Music School’s Alex Puddu begins a four-part series examining ail types of harmonics.
- Jazz – Pete Callard looks at more ways to play solo jazz guitar and this month introduces us to playing melodies with chords. Nice!
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan continues his micro series on one of the great 70s bands – Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. This month, David Crosby…
- Rockschool – James Uings gets serious with his Grade 7 Rockschool lessons, this month focusing on odd time signatures – ‘one, two, two and a bit…’
- Rodney Branigan Pt. 3. The final lesson in this fabulous player’s superb modern acoustic masterclass series…
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques September 2011
Next issue: Guitar Techniques November 2011
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages