Guitar Techniques November 2013 (#223)
May 10 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques November 2013 (#223) contents:
- How Music Works – It’s the million dollar lesson!. Jacob Quistgaard shows how chords relate to modes and how rhythm and lead playing slot together – in every single key!
- The Beatles – Twist & Shout. Learn this unforgettable Beatles classic from their legendary first album Please Please Me, and play both John’s and George’s guitar parts!
- Antonin Dvorak – Largo movement from Symphony No 9 (New World). Bridget Mermikides arranges and transcribes a famous romantic piece for solo classical guitar.
- Lessons introduction – Jason Sidwell introduces this month’s music packed Lessons section.
- 30-Minute lickbag. BIMM’s Terry Lewis has six more licks for you in easy, intermediate and advanced flavours!
- Blues – John Wheatcroft looks at the 2005 ‘Cream Reunion’ era of the mighty Eric Clapton.
- Rock – Martin Cooper goes “hell bent for leather” this month with the unmistakeable twin guitar attack of UK rockers Judas Priest.
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter moves on up the intervals, going from 5ths to 6ths this month!
- Hot Country – Andy Saphir meets one of modern country’s genuine superstars, Tim McGraw.
- Prog – Paul Bielatowicz sheds a Jester’s Tear this month with the progressive guitar style of Marillion’s axe man Steve Rothery.
- Jazz – Pete Callard outlines the unmistakable jazz-blues guitar style of Kenny Burrell.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan arranges and transcribes the wonderful spiritual song Motherless Child.
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths continues his A-Z with О for Octaves, Open voicings and mOre!
- Video Masterclass. Steve Lukather Lesson Pt 3. Toto guitar hero and session ace Steve shows how he improvises over static chords.
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques October 2013
Next issue: Guitar Techniques December 2013
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages