Guitar Techniques November 2012 (#210)
Feb 08 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range
of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques November 2012 (#210) contents:
- Cream – I’m So Glad. Jon Bishop transcribes a classic Cream track with a great Clapton solo for you to play.
- Go Latin! Bossa, rumba and more! Jon Bishop explores the infectious rhythms, harmonies and melodies of Latin America.
- Dorian Mode with Dave Kilminster. Roger Waters’ fabulous guitarist explains how the Dorian will spice up your minor solos…
- Robert Schumann – Traumerei. Learn this beautiful romantic classical piece by the troubled genius Robert Schumann.
- Antonio Vivaldi – Autumn. Now that summer’s over, it’s time to have a look at Vivaldi’s autumnal piece.
- Lessons Introduction. Special Agent Sidwell details your mission for this month. This page will self-destruct…
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six diverse licks in easy, intermediate and advanced flavours from Scott McGill.
- Blues – John Wheatcroft unveils the tasty blues-rock style of Gov’t Mule and Allman Brothers Band axeman Warren Haynes.
- Rock – Martin Cooper looks at the rock style of LA session legend Michael Landau.
- Creative Rock. Shaun Baxter unleashes fast pentatonic runs with hammer-ons and pull-offs. Beware!
- Hot Country Lead. Andy Saphir on the massively talented and awesomely versatile Johnny Hiland.
- Jazz – Pete Callard pays homage to a wonderful jazz guitarist: the late, great Emily Remler.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan arranges and transcribes a neat little trad acoustic piece, The Mason’s Apron.
- Rockschool. Charlie Griffiths continues his essential A-Z of music theory. This month it’s В for barre, bellicoso and blues curl.
- Video Masterclass. Bryan Baker. Charl Coetzee introduces the second in a three-part masterclass with a new guitar genius!
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques October 2012
Next issue: Guitar Techniques December 2012
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 67 pages