Guitar Techniques November 2011 (#197)
Sep 23 2014
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and intrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques November 2011 (#197) contents:
- 50 great licks in five awesome styles! Check out Gianluca Corona’s feature and you could wind up with a whole new lickbag, and fantastic inspiration for your own solos!
- Joe Bonamassa – Dust Bowl. It’s the title track from Joe’s recent and highly praised album. Learn it note for note then use some of your new licks to make it your own!
- Grieg – Hall Of The Mountain King. Bridget Mermikides arranges and transcribes this moody piece all about goblins, gnomes and trolls! Look out – they’re behind you!
- Ludwig Van Beethoven – Moonlight Sonata 3rd mvt. Here’s part 2 of Paul Bielatowicz’s epic transcription of the scary movement from Beethoven’s otherwise tranquil classic.
- Lessons introduction. Words of wisdom as Jason Sidwell welcomes you to this month’s technques section!
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six more great licks in easy, intermediate and advanced levels from Scott McGill.
- Blues – John Wheatcroft explains how Stevie Ray Vaughan used open string licks so well.
- Rock – Martin Cooper looks at a little band from Liverpool (you may have heard of them).
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter continues his series examining chords and their creative use in rock.
- Jazz – Pete Callard looks at more ways to play solo jazz guitar: this month he reckons there’s no better place to start than at the beginning.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan meets one of the most important and influential acoustic players: Tom – or was it Jerry? – from that well-known New York duo.
- Harmonics – Tech Music School’s Alex Puddu continues his series examining all types of harmonics.
- Rockschool – James Uings with the last in his Grade 7 Rockschool series: this month he looks at some more cool soloing ideas.
- Video Masterclass. Joe Satriani Pt.1. A true blue-blooded member of rock’s royalty came to visit GT – the one and only King Satch!
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques October 2011
Next issue: Guitar Techniques December 2011
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages