Guitar Techniques May 2013 (#217)
Mar 30 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques May 2013 (#217) contents:
- Electric Fingerstyle Blues: Learn this fantastic technique! Play electric fingerstyle in the styles of Mark Knopfler, Freddie King, Derek Trucks, Jeff Beck and other awesome fingerstylers.
- Folky party piece – Two trad classics. Stuart Ryan has arranged two legendary trad songs – Danny Boy and The Sailor’s Hornpipe – into one brilliant acoustic guitar piece!
- Keyboard chops for guitar! You really need to discover! Jon Bishop looks at how the styles of the keyboard greats can be applied to broaden your existing guitar playing chops.
- Frederic Chopin – Prelude in С Minor. Bridget Mermikides arranges, transcribes and transposes a beautiful piece from this influential Polish classical composer.
- James Taylor Special – Celebrating an icon at 65. A look at the unique and influential acoustic guitar style of one of the most celebrated guitarist-singer-songwriters of all time.
- Lessons introduction – Kinky Sidwell gets out the handcuffs and suggests some mild restraint.
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six more licks at all playing levels, from BIMM Brighton’s Terry Lewis.
- Blues – John Wheatcroft uncovers the bluesier side of Texan Strat god Eric Johnson.
- Rock – Martin Cooper goes all metal this month with Anthrax. Watch out, they’re infectious!
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter looks at how to combine slides and bends in your shredtastic soloing.
- Hot Country Lead – Andy Saphir emulates a banjo brilliantly this month on his guitar. Squeal piggy!
- Prog – Paul Bielatowicz waxes lyrical about Dregs and Deep Purple legend Steve Morse.
- Jazz – Pete Callard on the unmistakeable electric jazz guitar style of Jimmy Raney.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan has another beautiful trad piece for you this month – The Wayfaring Stranger.
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths continues his A-Z. This month it’s I for Ionian, Intervals and Iwato scale.
- Video Masterclass – Larry Carlton Lesson. West Coast session legend and tasteful guitar supremo shares his soloing secrets with you!
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques Spring 2013
Next issue: Guitar Techniques June 2013
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages