Guitar Techniques March 2013 (#214)
Mar 08 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques March 2013 (#214) contents:
- Gary Moore & Roy Buchanan – The Messiah Will Come Again. We’ve made our own version of this fabulous ballad by Roy and Gary by combining the best bits of both performances. It’s a cracker!
- Amaze with Arpeggios! In many different styles. Sometimes we get too bogged down with scales and ignore the power of chord tones. Jacob Quistgaard’s great lesson sets us right.
- Django Reinhardt – Play like a true Gypsy jazzer! Et voila! John Wheatcroft has created a fantastic original piece for you to play, in the style of this wonderful Belgian musician.
- Jules Massenet – Meditation. Pop the CD in or tap your iPad link to play this piece and you’ll definitely want to learn it. Another gem from Bridget Mermikides!
- Lessons introduction – Bone Cruncher Sidwell has a tale of struggle against adversity in this month’s missive.
- 30-Minute Lickbag – Six more diverse licks in easy, intermediate and advanced order, from Terry Lewis.
- Blues – Jacob Quistgaard meets the Bay Area’s top exponent of free-form blues, Jerry Garcia.
- Rock – Martin Cooper unravels a little of what makes the great Steve Vai the ‘great’ Steve Vai!
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter with more inspiration to make you an even more creative rock guitarist.
- Hot Country Lead – Andy Saphir will spice up your country licks (and more) with the use of 3rds and 6ths.
- Prog – In the first in his new series Paul Bielatowicz looks at the genius of Yes guitarist Steve Howe.
- Jazz – Gianluca Corona takes over the jazz chair for a month and gets to unlock the playing secrets of the one and only George Benson.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan focuses on the often neglected acoustic style of the unique Paul Simon.
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths continues his A-Z of music theory. This month he focuses on F for Foxtrot!
- Video Masterclass – Jerry Donahue lesson. Jerry’s second masterclass looks at some of his picking and open string techniques…
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques February 2013
Next issue: Guitar Techniques April 2013
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages