Guitar Techniques March 2012 (#201)
Dec 07 2014
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques March 2012 (#201) contents:
- Go Acoustic! 40 unplugged pages of… Modern tapping techniques, acoustic blues slide styles, flamenco, classical and more. Grab that 6-string and have some fun.
- Simon and Garfunkel – The Boxer. Tristan Seume kicks off our special acoustic issue with a transcription of one of Paul S and Artie G’s most popular songs.
- Tarrega – Gran Vals. You too can sound like a Nokia mobile phone with this superb classical transcription by Bridget Mermikides!
- Chopin – Etude 2, Op. 10. Paul Bielatowicz shreds his way through an exceptional piece by Frederic Chopin.
- Modern Acoustic Tapping. A video primer. Wanna tap like Michael Hedges or Eric Roche? Stuart Ryan explains all!
- Flamenco. An introduction. Bridget Mermikides shows you how to play in one of the most respected acoustic styles.
- Lessons Introduction. Captain Sidwell steers the good ship GT away from Troubled Waters and towards altogether calmer seas. Licks ahoy!
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six more great licks in easy, intermediate and advanced levels from Scott McGill – including Albert King’s blues phrasing, cool Steely Dan chords, Lenny Breau’s jazzy style and finally some violin shred.
- Blues – John Wheatcroft shows that Pink Floyd guitar legend David Gilmour’s playing wasn’t just Another Brick In The Wall.
- Rock – Martin Cooper examines the acoustic side of one of the most successful and influential American rock band’s ever: The Eagles.
- Creative rock. Are you tired of those boring old triads? Shaun Baxter shows how to convert them into cool sounding ‘sus chords’ by substituting their 3rds for 4ths.
- Perfect Pentatonics. The Guitar Institute’s Manuel Ahlqvist talks about interesting and unique ways of playing the not-so-humble major pentatonic scale.
- Jazz – Pete Callard continues his exploration of solo jazz guitar with a look at how players like Joe Pass, Barney Kessel and Martyn Taylor have approached song endings.
- Video Masterclass. Eric Sardinas Part 1. Eric demonstrates his extraordinary style of hot resonator blues slide. Be prepared to rock!
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques February 2012
Next issue: Guitar Techniques April 2012
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages