Guitar Techniques June 2013 (#218)
Apr 05 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques June 2013 (#218) contents:
- Alternate Picking. Improve your technique! Jacob Quistgaard has devised the ultimate tutorial to improve the accuracy of your lead guitar playing
- Sophisticated Barre Chords. Take it to the next level! Phil Capone shows that there is more to barre chords than majors, minors and 7ths.
- Ten Years After. I’m Going Home. We pay our respects to the late, great Alvin Lee with a transcription of this awesome classic.
- Domenico Scarlatti – Sonata In A Major. Bridget Mermikides arranges and transcribes a piece by this renowned Italian composer.
- Lessons Introduction – This month Sadistic Sidwell says “No pain, no gain!” You will thank him for it!
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six more licks at all playing levels, from BIMM Brighton’s talented Terry Lewis.
- Blues – Wheatie gathers no moss as he dissects the playing style of The Stones’ Keith Richards.
- Rock – Martin Cooper goes grunge this month with Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains.
- Creative Rock – Shaun Baxter is back with another essential helping of Creative Rockspertise.
- Hot Country – Andy Saphir shows you how to play rag style country. Yeeeee-hahhh!
- Prog – Paul Bielatowicz on the melodic, soulful style of Camel’s Andy Latimer.
- Jazz – Pete Callard on jazz and rock ‘n’ roll legend Hank Garland.
- Acoustic – Stu has a great acoustic version of an African-American spiritual for you this month.
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths continues his A-Z with a look at J for Jig, Jewish Scale and Jimi Hendrix chord!
- Video Masterclass. Clive Carroll lesson. The first of a three part masterclass with this incredible acoustic virtuoso!
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques May 2013
Next issue: Guitar Techniques July 2013
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages