Guitar Techniques June 2012 (#205)
Jan 03 2015
Take the UK’s foremost guitar teachers and players, and transfer their finesse and passion for music into a magazine! The magazine has established itself with guitarists who wish to better themselves as musicians in both the UK, Europe and as far afield as the USA and Hong Kong! When it comes to choosing music, GT’s Abba to Zappa policy means that there’s always something for everyone! We take pride in providing the most accurate transcriptions around, and cover a full range
of styles. Every month we feature full transcriptions of guitar songs and instrumentals in every genre, from blues and rock, to acoustic and jazz. All the music in the magazine is included on a cover-mounted audio CD, complete with backing tracks and video master class to let readers play along.
Guitar Techniques June 2012 (#205) contents:
- Black Magic Woman – Santana. Jamie Humphries transcribes this fabulous track from Santana’s early catalogue. Learn all the guitar parts just as Carlos played ’em!
- Ultimate Fingerpicking. 10 Vital Patterns You Need. Tristan Seume offers a superb look at the picking styles any modern guitarist needs in their arsenal – great music pieces to learn too!
- Classical: Bach – Bouree in E Minor. Bridget creates another solo version of a famous classical number for your solo repertoire – this month Bach’s Bouree.
- Classical Shred: Mozart – Eine Kleine Nachtmusik. Paul Bielatowicz arranges and tabs for electric guitar one of The Master’s most famous and important pieces: A Little Night Music!
- Lessons introduction. Lord Sidwell of this parish introduces GT205’s all-playing, all-prancing lessons section!
- 30-Minute Lickbag. Six fabulous licks in easy, intermediate and advanced levels from Scott McGill.
- Blues – Jacob Quistgaard takes us into the musically brilliant world of slide genius Derek Trucks.
- Rock – Martin Cooper takes a reverent look at the playing of the late, great Ronnie Montrose.
- Creative rock. Shaun Baxter has even more ways to help us become more creative guitarists – this one feature is worth the cover price alone!
- Hot Country Lead. Andy Saphir with a cool new series showing all those fabulous finger-twisting Nashville licks.
- Jazz – Pete Callard shows some great ways to put all those new chord voicings and inversions into action in a musical context.
- Acoustic – Stuart Ryan pays tribute to banjo legend Earl Scruggs with some guitar-friendly ideas.
- Rockschool – Charlie Griffiths goes a little darker this month as he investigates ways to create and use chords (harmonise) with the minor scale.
- Video Masterclass. Buddy Whittington Part 1. The wonderful texan blues guitarist has some treats in store with this exclusive series…
Previous issue: Guitar Techniques May 2012
Next issue: Guitar Techniques July 2012
Includes original mp3 tracks and video
Text Format PDF, 100 pages